TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Input Please Kind Members of the Board
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lobstershack

Australia
250 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  14:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been working closely with my psychiatrist trying different medications in order to find the one that best suits me. About two weeks ago I started on Zoloft 25mg (half of the adult minimum dose). After a week we upped it to 50mg and a few days later I began to experience an increase in fatigue and the intensity of my chronic headache (my main and most distressing TMS symptom).

Up until that point the headache was not nearly as intense as it is now and there were even times when I would forget about it during the day.

Keep in mind also that I began psychotherapy with one of Sarno's therapists a few weeks ago.

So now I'm starting to obsess and become very nervous and worried. I'm worried that my headache intensity has increased because of the Zoloft, which I know can be a side effect. It hasn't been this bad in quite a while.

Or is it just TMS?

Granted I have only been on the medication at this dose for 8 days and I know antidepressants can take a while to begin working. I also don't want to jump the gun and have my doctor take me off when it could have ended up helping me.

I have found myself in situations like this before, where I begin to blame everything--current vitamins I'm taking, etc. But like I said, it was much better, and now it's worse again, just shortly after increasing my dose last week.

All I find myself doing is researching Zoloft side effects on the internet and thinking about it all day long. I'm even more depressed than when I started the medication.

Help!

Seth

Edited by - lobstershack on 11/16/2005 16:27:03

Becca

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  15:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd stick with the Zoloft for awhile. frequently side effects of antidepressants will go away after a few days-weeks. If the do not, then it would be logical to stop by tapering off. even if the headaches are a side effect of the drug, they are not harmful. Just give it time and monitor your symptoms. When I started paxil for my anxiety I had a temporary side effect of increased anxiety, sleeplessness and agitation. It was horrible, but after a few days those side effects went away. Be patient.-R
Go to Top of Page

wrldtrv

666 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  19:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I generally agree with Becca except for one thing. On the drug literature where side effects are listed they usually tell you which ones to bear with and which ones where you are supposed to immediately stop the med and call your doctor. I don't know how your headaches would be viewed, but I would check with the doctor, just in case.

I have had unpleasant side effects in the past after starting prozac, but I stuck with it and eventually these went away. Coincidentally, I just started lexapro yesterday so I might have to go through this same process again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000