TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 From the Pain Cure Clinic : Inspiration Boost!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2022 :  08:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(From the PAIN CURE CLINIC, Boulder, Colorado.)

INSPIRATION BOOST!
It Takes a Village...

"...we’ve all heard this phrase (typically related to raising children), but it also applies to recovering from chronic pain and other conditions. And, as you’ve likely discovered by now - the village is NOT your medical team!!

If you’re a PCC subscriber (thank you!), you’re in one of four situations right now:

1. You’re a mind-body connection newbie (welcome!)
2. You’re actively working on your recovery (keep going!)
3. You’re feeling alone/stuck/plateaued (see below to get started again!)
4. You’re cured and want to maintain your pain-free state (congratulations!)

Whatever stage you’re in right now – the people in 1, 2, 3 & 4 are part of your new tribe – hooray!

These are the inhabitants of your village now:
Dr. Sarno (and other mind-body experts and authors)
Like-Minded Tension Myositis Syndrome Sufferers (see 1, 2, 3, & 4 above)
Your PCC Coaches (me and John)
Your fellow PCC students (comments section of the course & our FB groups)
Your (non-medical) Massage Therapist
Your Yoga Teacher
Your Personal Fitness Trainer
Your Foam Roller!
Your Guided Meditation Voices/Teachers
Your (supportive) Friends (even if there’s just one of them!)
Your (supportive) Spouse/Partner/Other Family Members

Note: even friends and family who “don’t get what you’re doing with this mind-body stuff” can be part of your village by being exercise buddies or participating in FUN activities with you. Just politely decline if they try to convince you to “get just one more MRI!”

And the list goes on. Depending on where your stress is coming from, you may need a few sessions with a professional therapist (who understands TMS, if possible), a career coach (or just someone to help you update your resume), a marriage counselor (or divorce attorney – it happens). You get the picture – experts who can actually help you make needed changes in your life to reduce tension and stress-based pain.

Who do you NOT see in your new village? Anyone in the medical community – you’ve already done that, and it didn’t lead to healing did it?

Now, here’s a bonus: when you recover and start living your best life – you’ll continue to be part of the village for others still on the journey to pain free – see how it comes full circle? And it’s a GREAT feeling to reach out and help someone else get to the other side (I’m smiling while writing this!) :)

Friends, that’s why we say that you actually have a responsibility to get better. Don’t overthink it – if you’re reading this. you ARE ON THE RIGHT PATH…. just keep going!

Need to connect with your new village? Check out the Sarno 3.0 Master Class here

We Heal Together!
Laura

Share Share
Tweet Tweet
Forward Forward
Copyright © 2022 Pain Cure Clinic, All rights reserved.
3950 Colorado Avenue, Unit D, Bouder, CO 80303
update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list."

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2022 :  19:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tennis TOM! Hi, this is Katie, remember me?

I just popped on because I got the first real occurrence of back stuff since being basically cured (in that area of symptoms) by Sarno. I have moved on to Gupta and especially DNRS which I'm using for all my other fake diagnoses with great success.

I am remembering you all fondly.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

Jeff

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2022 :  17:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there any good DNRS therapists in the Washington, DC area?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000