TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Rsi? Tendinitis?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danilew

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2020 :  10:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all im not sure wether im posting in the right forum but if not il try again in a different one, i feel ive suffered for over 10 years with different types of tms symptoms ranging from head aches to back problems i no understand this through reading dr sarnos books, and a few others. Im 99% sure my current is is tms but im struggling to still carry on with accepting defeat.
It started last august i finally found out that the stomach issue i was suffering with was emotionally caused, this was on the wednesday by the friday i was in agony with my left wrist, couldnt put no pressure onto in without being in agony. Fast forward a few months its now in in my both wrists my thumbs and my forearms with also pain in my shoulders. Ive had scans blood tests and seen many doctors for them to say nothing physicaly wrong its either rsi or tendinits n the only way to stop this problem is quitting your job which is the last thing i need as ive done what i do for 12 years and no nothing else im a plumber and need my hands for everything. Ive seen physios and chiropractors and massage people but nothing has helped, just typing this on my phone is making my hands feel dead.
Now dr sarnos books recommend to carry on with life and dont give in but it seems like the more im trying the more im in pain, if this was really tms could the pain seem to get t worse when i use them? Im in pain 24/7 or could i really need to wuit my job and follow the doctors advice? Any help would be so much appreciated and i apologise if ive not wrote this out very well.

Daniel lewis

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2020 :  20:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are the emotional issues that may be at the root of your TMS?

Take a look at the Rahe-Holmes list/test in the link below :

https://www.dartmouth.edu/eap/library/lifechangestresstest.pdf
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2020 :  20:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - a clue that it may be tms is that appears in both arms, most people are right or left handed and get over use of that dominant side. I don't know of a physical cause for having it appear on both arms at the same time. happened to me lots, disappeared just as quick.
Go to Top of Page

goldie

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2020 :  11:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your symptoms and experience have all the classic hallmarks of TMS. Read my success story notes post for tips on how to approach your recovery. One observation I would make from your comments is that it appears you’re still unconvinced it’s TMS. You have to sincerely believe it is for recovery to be successful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000