TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Has anybody heard of kundalini?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  15:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Kundalini?" Yeah the word sounds wierd, but a lot of people who meditate etc. experience it. It's energy that interacts with the physical body but isn't physical.

Here is a list of symptoms. Some of them sound pretty similar to TMS.

--------------------------------------
The following are common manifestations of the risen Kundalini:

Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.

Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body

Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations

Intense heat or cold

Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; feeling an inner force pushing one into postures or moving one's body in unusual ways. (May be misdiagnosed as epilepsy, restless legs syndrome (RLS), or PLMD.)

Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns

Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue (some CFS victims are experiencing Kundalini awakening)

Intensified or diminished sexual desires

Headaches, pressures within the skull

Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest

Digestive system problems

Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)

Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck (Many cases of FMS are Kundalini-related.)

Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression

Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping) -- are as unintentional and uncontrollable as hiccoughs

Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.

Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating

Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual's prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity)

Heat, strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area.

Ecstasy, bliss and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion

Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences; pastlife memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and chakras; contact with spirit guides through inner voices, dreams or visions; healing powers

Increased creativity: new interests in self-expression and spiritual communication through music, art, poetry, etc.

Intensified understanding and sensitivity: insight into one's own essence; deeper understanding of spiritual truths; exquisite awareness of one's environment (including "vibes" from others)

Enlightenment experiences: direct Knowing of a more expansive reality; transcendent awareness

http://www.elcollie.com/st/symptoms.html
------------------------------------

I know some people might find the suggestion of experiences beyond the physical as nonsense, but they aren't to people who experience them.

Here's the main thing I've found about kundalini flow. It gets blocked at portions of your body in which emotional/psychological issues are located and causes pain. It might seem strange to suggest that such issues can exist at different parts of the body, but consider what Candace Pert has found (a mind/body oriented physiologist that Dr. Sarno refers too). She has found that immunology, neurology and endocrinology probably should be one combined field of study, because the polypeptides that relate to emotions can be found all over the body. For example, some emotion causing polypeptides can be found within white blood cells.

This has happened at times. I'll feel pain in a part of my body. I'll sit down and meditate. My awareness will tune into a higher frequency level and I'll find that my flow of kundalini is blocked right where I feel pain such as a muscle spasm. Next, I'll concentrate my attention on that area and see if any psychological and/or emotion issue comes up. When one comes into my awareness I'll reflect on it until I gain some clarity, and the discomfort will go away.

Certainly the above doesn't apply to everybody. Not everybody has awakened their kundalini. It can be awakened by activities such as meditation, yoga and psychedelic drug consumption. It isn't something to play around with. Some people awaken it without being ready for it and go crazy.

Kundalini can also be thought of as life energy. Even though it can lead to spiritual experiences, it is related to sexual energy and anger. If you get angry alot you might awaken it a bit.

If you visit a kundalini message board you'll see that people who experience kundalini flow experience a lot of the same symptoms as people with TMS.

Perhaps for some people mindbody medicine takes the form of mindbodyspirit medicine.

For anybody who might be effected by kundalini, here's a site with some interesting articles. For example, check the article called: "Jerry's kundalini story."

http://kundalini-support.com/awakenings.html

P.S. Look out for all the Gurus who teach about kundalini yoga, because so many of them (most of them) tend to be fakes.

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  15:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very intense. Do you know if the spiritual awakenings also include any type of interaction with those that have passed on? Sounds like it could, since it is an energy-fed experience.
Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  16:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awakenings can lead to out of body experiences and some people claim to travel to spirit realms with such experiences. It can also cause a person to become clairvoyant. But be carefull what you wish for. When you increase what you can be aware of, you might start experiencing things you don't want to experience.

Some people will think I'm nuts, but what the heck? I've had out of body experiences and have had a few contacts with spirits. It isn't something I try to do on a regular basis, and thus far I haven't found that I have the ability to contact specific people. For now I'll wait until it is my time to leave this World before I try to do such things. If you asked your question because you're hoping to contact somebody, perhaps it would be best to wait until it is time to join them if that is what is destined to happen.

I hope I haven't gotten too off track with the forum's purpose here. But sometimes when I read about people's experiences, for example seeing white light (kundalini causes me to see white light at times while I meditate), I wonder if their kundalini has been awakened without their knowing about it. It can be awakened to different degrees.

quote:
Originally posted by Maryalma8

Very intense. Do you know if the spiritual awakenings also include any type of interaction with those that have passed on? Sounds like it could, since it is an energy-fed experience.

Go to Top of Page

johnnyg

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  10:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I interpret your description of kundalini as being basically the same thing as chi, which I believe is also the same energy that taoists talk about. I have experienced many of the sensations you describe; most recently, the pain in my back often becomes more pressure-like and I get relief after the blockages clear. Usually I feel twinges and releases and often I think I can "hear" the blockages clearing.

I was wondering if anyone would ever bring up phychedelic substances. these would definitely awaken kundalini, chi, etc. The problem is that it is chemically induced and the person isn't usually ready for it. Still, use of phychedelic substances is well known in psychology cirlces to bring about states of consciousness that are conducive to psychotherapy sessions (and i'm not just talking about tim leary, there is a lot out there on this). Also, the use of Ibogaine to break narcotic addictions has a large psycotherapy component.

any way enough of that. . .
Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  11:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that Chi is the same thing. Other traditions might call it something else. I don't know how many names have been assigned to it.

I used to hear the energy around my neck area a lot, until one night it broke through and I mostly feel it at the top of my head now. Sometimes inbetween my eye brows. When I meditate the intensity reaches a point where I no longer feel the energy. It is as if the top of my head is missing. If somebody puts there hand several feet away from the top of my head, they can feel the energy coming out. Whatever the case, the energy plays a role in making my meditation feel more expansive. I'm still working at it.

The energy is definitely something that a person wouldn't want to awaken unless they are ready and willing to deal with it.

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyg

I interpret your description of kundalini as being basically the same thing as chi, which I believe is also the same energy that taoists talk about. I have experienced many of the sensations you describe; most recently, the pain in my back often becomes more pressure-like and I get relief after the blockages clear. Usually I feel twinges and releases and often I think I can "hear" the blockages clearing.

I was wondering if anyone would ever bring up phychedelic substances. these would definitely awaken kundalini, chi, etc. The problem is that it is chemically induced and the person isn't usually ready for it. Still, use of phychedelic substances is well known in psychology cirlces to bring about states of consciousness that are conducive to psychotherapy sessions (and i'm not just talking about tim leary, there is a lot out there on this). Also, the use of Ibogaine to break narcotic addictions has a large psycotherapy component.

any way enough of that. . .

Go to Top of Page

johnnyg

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  12:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Albert

I believe that Chi is the same thing. Other traditions might call it something else. I don't know how many names have been assigned to it.
--------------------------------------------------------

That's what I was thinking, too many to list.

I actually went to the website to look into it, and it is very interesting, even browsed the forum. The only issue I take with it is what I perceive to be a 'new age' gloss over the age old spiritual/mystical journey. I get a little peeved when people focus too much on the concept of finding the divine within themselves and then say "I am god", or whatever. Anyway, I'm not downing it, and I think that almost any attempt to help people deal with spiritual/mental crisis is good.

I'm somewhat in tune with the energies, but not to the point you are, at least not any more. I feel the energy, but not like I used to and my attempts to get back to that level have failed, so I'm sticking to Sarno for now. Thanks for the post, fascinating stuff.
Go to Top of Page

johnnyg

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  13:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Albert:

This quote from the message board illustrates what you said about this being mindbodyspirit therapy"

"According to Seth (via Jane Roberts) the inner self creates physical symptoms in order to get you to pay attention to your inner World."

I don't even think this person knows about TMS, but figured that out by himself. Of course with TMS we substitute "to get you to pay attention to your inner World" with "to distract you from unconscious rage". Maybe this additional knowledge puts greater meaning to the theories in the good Doctor's books. It gives us an answer to the "why me?" "why do I have TMS?" question--it's so you can heal and live the life you were meant to.
Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  14:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Albert:

This quote from the message board illustrates what you said about this being mindbodyspirit therapy"

"According to Seth (via Jane Roberts) the inner self creates physical symptoms in order to get you to pay attention to your inner World."

I don't even think this person knows about TMS, but figured that out by himself. Of course with TMS we substitute "to get you to pay attention to your inner World" with "to distract you from unconscious rage". Maybe this additional knowledge puts greater meaning to the theories in the good Doctor's books. It gives us an answer to the "why me?" "why do I have TMS?" question--it's so you can heal and live the life you were meant to.

Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  14:56:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. I read parts of a couple of Seth books that came out before Dr. Sarno came up with TMS theory, and the book claims that many supposed physical problems have psychological origins, and if you construct your beliefs so you have physical problems you'll end up having them. I don't think Seth is for everybody including myself, even though I found what he had to say interesting. I believe that it is better that I look within and try to find the answers there instead.

quote:

Hey Albert:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000