TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 gratitude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  16:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't want to go too far with this. For one thing, I'm mindful that just because I'm in a relatively good mood at the moment, others are not. Many are struggling with great pain and all that goes with that. I'm deeply sympathetic to that. For another thing, I know I might be right back in that same boat tomorrow...

But for the moment anyway, I just wanted to express my gratitude for this forum and the kind, helpful, and courageous people on it, as well as for the whole TMS approach.

In prior years, given the number of injuries I'm currently walking around with, I'd be sitting indoors despite the beautiful weather, afraid to run, or bike, or golf, or even take the doggies for a brisk walk. Now I'm doing all those things. It's really quite remarkable. I still have pain, and I still have fear, but for the first time in a very long while I've got lots of hope. Finally figuring out what might be underlying some of my injuries, psychologically and emotionally speaking, has really helped. But just as important has been participating in this terrific forum, and hearing how others are struggling with, and overcoming, many of the same difficulties I am.

I can't help wondering just what would happen to the world of medicine, including obscenely high health care costs, if TMS were to become part of the mainstream. As I write that, it occurs to me that there's a huge vested financial interest that that very thing not happen. There's just so much quackery out there....much of it well intended enough, but quackery nonetheless. It really boggles the mind. Just to take the most obvious example of chiropractic. How many of those guys are there in this country? Probably tens of thousands, all taking people's hard earned money for essentially doing nothing...What a waste.

So much for my good mood. That didn't last long...

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  17:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to hear you are feeling sprightly today. I have also had a good day. I gave blood which made me feel good but then I couldn't do any exercise today after so that was a bummer. They say not to exercise for 24 hrs. I wonder about that, if it's due to lack of oxygen or what. Anyway, I agree with you, about medicine costs, etc. My understanding from some holistic people is that without the drug industry, our economy would be much worse off. Something about even cancer drugs that would cure the disease are not allowed to be passed along to patients due to the amount of money they'd lose by curing the problem. Not sure I completely understand this but that's what I've been told by more than one person. Well, enjoy this great Boston weather we finally deserve. Hopefully we'll all start to feel better in this area when the weather cooperates.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000