TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Chondromalacia - where it all began
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

weatherman

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2005 :  00:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know if anyone has successfully battled so-called chondromalacia. I had my first round back in 1979 - from bicycling, of all things. I had a shorter repeat in 1981. Here's what's funny:

I ski and hike up mountains constantly with virtually no knee problems. But ever since my first chondromalacia episode, to this day if I pedal a bike for much more than an hour I start to get in trouble. Makes no difference whether it's on the flat or going up a steep grade.

I bring this up because I've decided lately to try to overcome this, as mountain biking is something I really enjoy. As I've started to push it a little, the "chondromalacia" is subtly trying to come back. Meanwhile, a nagging achilles thing that's been off an on for a few years has simultaneously practically disappeared.

I think this screams out TMS, and really wish I'd known about TMS back in 1979, as that episode was where it all began (including other little TMS things too numerous to mention here).

The one thing that creates doubt is that when I really had chondromalacia way back when my knees would actually do a fair amount of popping, in addition to the pain. I guess I'm just looking for advice or confirmation, has anyone out there had success with this just "bulling it through"?

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2005 :  14:40:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any real advice for you, weatherman. Just can say that I'm in a similar boat with over-use athletic injuries. Although these seem perfectly reasonable in the context of my running, biking, etc. I've elected to take that leap of faith and am "bulling it through" especially with a foot injury. Can be scary because there are no guarantees, but I think there's an excellent chance that it's TMS. So far, the foot has not fallen off, so I'm very hopeful I'm on the right track..

Good luck...
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  08:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarno mentions chondromalacia in HBP as a manifestation of TMS.
Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  22:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like TMS to me. The fact that when you ride , after about an hour you have the pain. Sounds like that is your conditioning or programming. My pain gets worse when I sit. That's my programming. If you had been checked by a doc, and there is no real diagnosis, then when the pain comes, that's when we got to ignore it, and think about our rage.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000