TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Herniated disk nerve compression
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Davej1438

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  07:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About three weeks ago I stretched in the morning after a minor car accident When I stretched I felt a crunching in my neck. That night I had an acute attack with neck, shoulder spasms and pain down left arm. Went to ER and they did x-ray and it looked good. Gave me muscle relaxer and ibuprofen which did not help. Went to an orthopedist who gave me prednisone and ordered an MRI. Other symptoms I have are tingling in right pointer finger, major weakness in left tricep, and burning feeling in shoulder.
MRI results were a large left posrerolateral and foraminal disc herniation at c6-c7 which is compressing the left anterolateral margin of the cervical cord which displaces the c7 nerve root.

Since then spasms have stopped for most part but pain is still present. Some days worse than others. Tricep strength is slightly better but still nowhere near where it should be. Burning in shoulder from time to time and neck pain from time to time. These sometimes go away or alternate. Tingling in finger still present.

I've read Dr Sarno's book and it has helped with pain but weakness and tingling not helped. I so see neurologist on Thursday.

I believe I do have TMS symptoms from time to time as I am a perfectionist and deal with stress and anxiety. Just not sure if my condition is more serious currently. Thanks

Edited by - Davej1438 on 04/14/2018 08:07:59

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  19:19:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - sorry to hear about your accident. Have to say to get checked out with an MRI etc. for your own peace of mind. I had similar symptoms, including numbness in my fingers. I had a cortisone injection in the neck in the hospital under an MRI. I was lucky and read Healing Back Pain not long after and avoided surgery.
Go to Top of Page

Andrew10-31

6 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2018 :  22:34:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if you will just end up with some PT ? If you have pain that comes and goes sounds like TMS. I bet the other symptoms will subside. It seems the referral to a neurologist vs a surgeon is a positive sign.

quote:
Originally posted by Davej1438

About three weeks ago I stretched in the morning after a minor car accident When I stretched I felt a crunching in my neck. That night I had an acute attack with neck, shoulder spasms and pain down left arm. Went to ER and they did x-ray and it looked good. Gave me muscle relaxer and ibuprofen which did not help. Went to an orthopedist who gave me prednisone and ordered an MRI. Other symptoms I have are tingling in right pointer finger, major weakness in left tricep, and burning feeling in shoulder.
MRI results were a large left posrerolateral and foraminal disc herniation at c6-c7 which is compressing the left anterolateral margin of the cervical cord which displaces the c7 nerve root.

Since then spasms have stopped for most part but pain is still present. Some days worse than others. Tricep strength is slightly better but still nowhere near where it should be. Burning in shoulder from time to time and neck pain from time to time. These sometimes go away or alternate. Tingling in finger still present.

I've read Dr Sarno's book and it has helped with pain but weakness and tingling not helped. I so see neurologist on Thursday.

I believe I do have TMS symptoms from time to time as I am a perfectionist and deal with stress and anxiety. Just not sure if my condition is more serious currently. Thanks

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000