TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 -
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  09:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Post deleted by author.

Edited by - shawnsmith on 02/21/2013 07:42:21

Sylvia

199 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  09:58:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in agreement with your review. I thought also the first 80 pages should be cut, and said in a few.

They don't call it vanity publishing for nothin'. This would never cut it in any publishing house.

If this manuscript were handed to me asking me what I thought of it I'd have to say,

Cut out the first 80 and make it a few concise pages.

Take your writing style from "Cosmopolitan, Vogue" style to a professional authority style.

Hone in more on composite client examples.

Rework the whole point of the book which is JournalSpeak (which should also become the title.

The truth is still approximate, not ultimate. A person could sit there forever never getting to the hateful selfish (k)id as SteveO calls it, but a client can if imagining what would that twisted distorted tortured unconscious "think/feel" (the way Sarno described that brain damaged kid) and run with it. Cuz if you go deep enough it is Jungs collective unconscious, and not a personal thing/truth. Okay, I'm on a tangent here.

Nicole, your heart is in the right place. And your book can be important as JournalSpeak which can really allow ones ugliness and Vomit as you say out on the page. Where and what is there to hide/distract from then with symptoms? The symptoms can really be gone for good with some consistent JournalSpeak.

But you need a LOT of work. You don't need friends, you need a real editor or two with a big red marker.

To make it a marketable book, make it a workbook, the second half can have JournalSpeak pages that have prompts to help get at the Puke. Imagining what kind of puke could be said is a good way to get it going.

Have the first few pages filled out by composite clients, so one can see the go deeper, excavate more, there must be more dig more.

It would also be awesome to come with a JournalSpeak pen with a shovel on the end.

I hope you dont mind me piggybacking Shawn, if so, kick me out and I'll edit clean.

Edited by - Sylvia on 01/25/2013 10:37:00
Go to Top of Page

bryan3000

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  10:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the review. I had a difficult time with the "casual" writing style. I found it grating to get through. It felt as if the personality of the writer was overshadowing whatever message there may have been. She may well have had a very good point to make, but I would not have been able to get through it with this writing style.

It's been mentioned here before, but when people are suffering they need to direct talk.
They need practical things they can apply to their lives immediately to begin to se change. That's the reason people love Aces as Hillbilly's posts so much. They cut right to solutions. No extended prose, doctor speak or long narratives.

That said, there is a book for everyone and this book may well be that book for many people.
Go to Top of Page

Sylvia

199 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  10:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bryan3000

Thanks for the review. I had a difficult time with the "casual" writing style. I found it grating to get through. It felt as if the personality of the writer was overshadowing whatever message there may have been. She may well have had a very good point to make, but I would not have been able to get through it with this writing style.

It's been mentioned here before, but when people are suffering they need to direct talk.
They need practical things they can apply to their lives immediately to begin to se change. That's the reason people love Aces as Hillbilly's posts so much. They cut right to solutions. No extended prose, doctor speak or long narratives.

That said, there is a book for everyone and this book may well be that book for many people.

Proud of Bryan : )
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  10:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawn and Sylvia thanks for the reviews -- very thoughtful. Have either of you read James' book yet?
Go to Top of Page

NicoleSachsLCSW

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  11:19:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bryan,

I have attempted to stay silent out of kindness to myself, and courtesy to the rest of the members here who needed no more drama. I must tell you, though, that your continuous posts about "holes in my story" (posted this AM to Tom on another thread) are so slanderous and hurtful that I cannot sit here and listen. You've never researched me, or you would have found that I have never lied about one thing, ever. I took an hour to compile the thoughtful response regarding your accusations about "references to me on this forum" and my "false reviews" on Amazon, and you promptly deleted the post.

I respect the reviews of the other members. They've read my book! Have you? There is no way, unless you bought it, because you haven't written me to request it. This means that your comments are based on a handful of pages in an Amazon preview.

I have tried to apologize to you, without stings attached. You have acted mean and spiteful toward me, and continue to do so days after I even posted on this forum. You've made me sad, you've made me cry. You've made me not want to be here - not the other people who've at least tried to let this die down after a few days... only you.

I don't understand. If you don't like my writing, fine. If you don't like my message, so be it. But you continue to attack me personally in such a unkind and spiteful fashion. I am writing to ask you to please stop. I ask you humbly to please stop hurting me.

Thank you,

Nicole

quote:

Embrace your Truth, Create your Life.
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  11:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicole-- if your wish is to help people, why not post on some of the substantive threads with your insights? Just a suggestion.
Go to Top of Page

NicoleSachsLCSW

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  11:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did! Look around, and observe the reception I got.

quote:
Originally posted by pspa123

Nicole-- if your wish is to help people, why not post on some of the substantive threads with your insights? Just a suggestion.

Embrace your Truth, Create your Life.
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  11:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicole I am not sure you have, honestly. I don't see you participating (yet) on any threads except those about your book or yourself or Bryan. If I missed others, I apologize. I think the best way to move past this is just to become a participating member on the various substantive threads, as Balto suggested and I suggested and probably others did too.

As SteveO said yesterday (paraphrasing), if you want to help people, especially in this field, you have to have a thick skin. I am sure you know that. A few people here questioned the authenticity of some book reviews, and I think if you were being fair you would have to admit they do sound similar to each other. I think you even acknowledged that. If those who question them are wrong, so be it, it isn't important.

Edited by - pspa123 on 01/25/2013 11:48:48
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  11:55:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's calm this wildfire.

Firstly, Nicole, Bryan and Tom,

What will render this situation ok for each of you?

Not brilliant. Just moving towards ok.
Go to Top of Page

Sylvia

199 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  11:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plum

Let's calm this wildfire.

Firstly, Nicole, Bryan and Tom,

What will render this situation ok for each of you?

Not brilliant. Just moving towards ok.

Eh, forget about them what do YOU want?

I want them to withdraw all contact with each other so they can stop their mental masturbation. It is tiresome and boring and freaking move on already.
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  12:04:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The same as you pretty much.
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  12:18:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

quote:

Shawn and Sylvia thanks for the reviews -- very thoughtful. Have either of you read James' book yet?

No, I have not read James' book yet. It is on my list but I have a stack of other reading to do also.

Ah, so you will get to it tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

bryan3000

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  12:20:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicole,

I'm glad you chose an action out of "kindness to yourself." My guess is that you know what's best for you.

However, like Tom and his personal attacks... you seem to be bent on injecting emotional buzz-words as opposed to just talking about what happened.
So, there's no reason to attempt to blur the issue.

Let me give you an example.

Attack: Your friend Tom went after people for their ethnic background, professions, used personal information against them to slander them, cursed at people and called them names.

Yet, you ignored his transgressions... instead focusing on those who questioned the validity of your reviews, etc.

So, you see how we're missing some of the facts when we instead use emotional buzz-words to attempt to skew the discussion?

Now let's talk about you... as seems to be what we do when you're around...

You came in with a hard sell for a product. That's your right to do, except it violated some terms of service.
In so doing, people commented on it. You also came in making a variety of claims IN CAPITAL LETTERS about how you could heal people.
Well, Nicole... when someone kicks in the door boasting such claims, they're likely to receive scrutiny. This is a sensitive bunch and you approached them
as if it was a book signing.

This isn't personal slander, it's not an attack. It's simple, honest, factual information. (Again, no need to inject any emotional buzz-words.)

Your apology

First off, you never needed to apologize to me. You have an opinion and I have mine. (And others have raised their concerns as well.)

However, again so we can avoid emotionally blurring this issue... what you're calling an apology was a thread with my name in the title where you
claimed that I had been ignored in my childhood, and that's why I didn't like your sales tactics. (Or something to this extent.)
We've never met, you know nothing about me, and yet you were diagnosing me as one thing or another, based on the fact that I didn't
care for the threads you created about yourself.

It's important to note that your "apology" thread was so transparent, 6 or 7 people called you out on it before I even saw the thread.
Some of those were people who had even taken the stance that your sales pitch was okay. But, all involved found it to be offensive.
When I joined the thread, it was easy to see why people found it offensive, and more importantly unprofessional.
There was no need to apologize for anything, no need to use my name in a subject heading and most of all... no need to cross
professional boundaries by claiming to know about a person's childhood you've never met, or insulting their mental stability because
they simply disagreed with your approach here.

I don't wish you harm. In fact, I wish you well! But most importantly, I really wish you could stop making this forum about you and if you
want to contribute here, contribute like so many others in the field have done. Aside from posting a quote from your own book, I agree with
the above poster... your posts have been about yourself and your book. Period. That's fine! But, it's also fine for people to comment on it.

And no, I don't care for your writing style, as it happens. Big deal! You don't need me to sell a million books. Go out there and sell yourself.
I'm one guy on a message board. I just have an opinion and I'm entitled to it. Nothing personal. I'm a musician and plenty of people don't
care for my music. I don't diagnose them as depressed, anxious or angry because they don't. I just respect their choice.

So I'll ask you again... it would be great if we need to discuss this more if we could stick to the facts of what happened. Not blur it with emotion.
Or, we could stop talking about you and the book and contribute to the other threads here. (As I have.)

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  15:14:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...like Tom and his personal attacks...

Attack: Your friend Tom went after people for their ethnic background, professions, used personal information against them to slander them, cursed at people and called them names.

Yet, you ignored his transgressions... instead focusing on those who questioned the validity of your reviews, etc.

Bry, Please take a look at my peace offering to you in the "NOTE TO BRYAN" thread. In the meantime, I must reply to your totally false charges against me once again--show us the proof or STFU! You obviously have too much time on your hands and hopefully are self employed, I would hate to think you're typing all this fiction on company time or my tax dollars. Every time you slander me I will just copy this boiler plate reply to you to save time and energy.

Cheers,

tt/lsmft
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  15:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicole, friend, thanks for trying, all I can say is, forgive them Lord for they know not what they do.

Peace and love,
tt
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  15:19:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is not directed at either of you personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4ztfrr8fls
Go to Top of Page

bryan3000

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  16:27:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol!
Go to Top of Page

bjackson034

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  17:20:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicole, it seems like you're coming from a perspective where Bryan is the bad guy and you are a victim. He stated that he wasn't a fan of the writing style and tone of the pages of your book that he read, and he questioned the validity of the reviews for your book. I didn't see any personal attacks or any real malice on his part.

I understand why that would hurt your feelings, but I don't think it means that Bryan is doing anything mean or spiteful.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  17:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bjack, you're a little late to the party, but it's over now.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  17:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is not directed at either of you personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4ztfrr8fls

Thanks for that, Peter, I could listen to that for hours. Was it written by the same songwriter who wrote, "It's a Small World After All"?, I love that one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBhO-svkgj4

Edited by - tennis tom on 01/25/2013 17:52:06
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000