TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Talking it out?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Waterbear Posted - 11/08/2013 : 08:16:55
I have a really supportive friend, God Bless her. She's listened to all my complaints and woes since my journey into pain.

When I was having panic attacks, she was always there for me. She's a bit fantastic, she just listens and normally has some sort of logical and positive response for me. She never asks me to talk about the pain, I start it.

I told her about TMS and she thinks the mind/body relationship is fascinating (so do I for that matter). She also thinks I have it 100%. We've been best friends for over 10 years; she knows I'm a stress victim.

As I learn things, I discuss them with her. Sometimes it's just from a sort of medical perspective. Sometimes we talk about my pain specifically.

My question is: is this good for me? Is talking it out a thing that helps? I like talking with her about it, but at the same time, I never get to just forget about the pain.

Thanks!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Peregrinus Posted - 11/08/2013 : 11:44:59
quote:
Originally posted by Waterbear

My question is: is this good for me?

WB:
You are fortunate that you have such a friend. The best medicine is positive feedback. I immediately feel much better when I hear my wife say "You look like you're feeling much better!" Last year I read a paper where the benefits of such feedback were proven.
gigalos Posted - 11/08/2013 : 10:26:19
Talking about it is certainly part of the first months in recovery. I know I needed to talk about it to everyone wanting and not wanting to hear
Talking can open up new perspectives that you don't find when only thinking about it.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000