TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 What is the purpose for the pain.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kenny V Posted - 04/08/2005 : 09:45:44
What is the purpose for the pain.And breaking the pain Cycle

Dr Sarno does make it clear that there is a purpose for the pain, as it severs as a distraction.
And he also states that many people do find recovery by just by learning this and applying a Mind body approach.
I will buy that.

However
Many might disagree but IMO if this is not discovered than you still have an underlying condition.
To me the purpose of a psychotherapist would help you identify this. In my situation Jornaling my life experiences help me find mine. It was about 4 months after making all the physical connections to my condition.
Let’s just say “ I made peace with my past.”

Last I would say if you study phobias, syndromes and mostly self injurious behaviors in why they occur you might get a sense of the purpose of an underlying condition. Self-injurious behaviors also serve a purpose. A proper functional assessment always reveals its purpose. When identifying the source of the behavior and teaching replacement behaviors breaks the cycle therefore there is no longer a reason for it to continue.

Just my 2 cents
I have seen some awesome work done in this area and have associated many of TMS attributes to this same cycle.

Kenny V

Always Hope For Recovery

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000