TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 emotional freedom technique

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pspa123 Posted - 12/02/2012 : 20:54:45
So looking at the table of contents online of this book that was recommended

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7890

I notice quite a bit of space devoted to EFT (emotional freedom technique). I always assumed that was new agey gimmicky energy medicine placebo junk. Does anyone have experience suggesting it is legitimate?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pspa123 Posted - 12/17/2012 : 15:32:52
Thank you very much for responding. There are some very knowledgeable people here on the subject of chronic pain (I hope, some day, to count myself one) and I hope there will be a dialogue.
Dr James Alexander Posted - 12/17/2012 : 15:23:28
hi there pspa123,

i've been wanting to respond to your post for a few weeks now but it has taken time for me to get registered on the forum- anyway, i've got there now. I included information about EFT as i have seen it work well with many of my chronic pain clients- esp when dealing with anxiety, fear, tension, sleep problems- and sometimes even pain. There are rational ways of making sense of EFT in terms of both psychological theories (reciprocal inhibition, exposure therapy) as well as neurological understandings. I dont make sense of it in terms of 'energy' or meridians (not saying these are wrong- it just aint the way i make sense of EFT). As stated, there are other excellent ways of understanding why EFT would work on a range of issues- see an article on the net titled 'Wolpe, not woo-woo'. Also, if you are interested in looking further into it, have a look at my website (www.drjamesalexander-psychologist.com)- go to the 'more' link, then to 'FAQ', then to 'what is EFT?'. I discuss the rational explanations there as well. Feel free to get back to me about this. I also consider myself a sceptic,and am only impressed by evidence (which i also present in my book). I wanted to throw anything into the book which i have seen work with people, as it can all make an important contribution. best wishes, James.

James

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000