TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
swmr1 Posted - 07/02/2007 : 13:41:33
Just wanted to say "hello". Brand new to the TMS diagnosis. About 3 weeks ago I came across Sarno's books online. I had suspected that at least part of my chronic piriformis pain was caused by some kind of "mindgame" and after reading "Healing Back Pain" I quit all of my newest Physical Therapy exercises and have been pain free. I am amazed. My shoulder (which was diagnosed with impingement problems 5 years ago) also seems to be less pain-prone. I am back in the pool swimming a little more each time. I also have had chronic foot pain for the last 2 years or so and am working on convincing myself that can be TMS.

Anyway, I'm excited to have found some relief. I had been thinking that my body was rebelling against a very active and athletic lifestyle all these years and that these many issues were my fault for being too hard on my body. Now I'm rethinking that...
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
swmr1 Posted - 07/04/2007 : 09:30:42
Thanks for the nice replies. Think my foot issue may be my hardest to deal with but I'm learning a lot here...
Gemma_Louise Posted - 07/03/2007 : 12:51:44
Hi there. Thanks for the post. It's always good to read something positive like this. Hope you continue to experience success and enjoy your life.
armchairlinguist Posted - 07/03/2007 : 08:49:52
Welcome! Congratulations on your quick improvement.

There will be lots of posts you can search for and read about foot problems being TMS. I had foot problems secondary to RSI as a TMS manifestation. They stuck around 18 months but rapidly went away once I learned about TMS.

Strangely this is the symptom that most frequently "twinges", meaning I experience it for a short period of time at random times or times when I've been walking a lot. I think my brain is aware that it's easy to see the feet as being overloaded. It always goes away within a few minutes or hours of reminding myself it's TMS.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
sensei adam rostocki Posted - 07/02/2007 : 15:19:43
Hi and welcome to the board. It sounds like you have already learned a lot in a short amount of time. Keep up the good work and make sure to apply Dr. Sarno's approach to that shoulder... - Sensei

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000