TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 My dream induced a neck spasm

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marytabby Posted - 03/31/2007 : 01:34:51
I was in the midst of a dream the other night and in the dream I was in a room with a recent ex-flame sitting at a table and in the dream I was EXTREMELY uncomfortable being with in the same room with the guy and I woke up and my neck was in excruciating spasm pain and stayed that way all day. Couldn't move my neck to one side.
Just wanted you to know, to assure you and myself that yes, our subconcious thoughts DO put us into pain.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cfhunter Posted - 04/01/2007 : 12:46:06
Great topic for me this week. I have had terrible dreams all week last week...dreams about my husband leaving me (fear of abandonment), dreams about ex boyfriends (shame with past behaviors), etc and woken up every night with pain in both of my feet.
I completely believe this connection.
Usually my feet feel great at night....not lately.
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/31/2007 : 19:01:57
That's a great idea..I did that years ago..I really should do a dream journal again..It does show us so much about what is going on deep inside..:)
marytabby Posted - 03/31/2007 : 15:19:43
I am now keeping a journal on my nightstand, have been for about 2 weeks and when I am awoken by a dream I scribble it down and go back to sleep. I'm seeing patterns around work. Lots of dreams centered around work. We'll see if it brings any revelations.
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/31/2007 : 09:39:58
Hi Maryalma,
Thanks for sharing that, it is very valuable to remember this! I had discussed this very topic w/ my TMS therapist from California...He assured me as well, that this is further proof that our subconscious mind does create the pain! Fascinating and bewildering at the same time..
God bless,
Karen
sensei adam rostocki Posted - 03/31/2007 : 09:31:34
This is an excellent topic and one that I have just recently completed an article about for my site. When we sleep, our unconscious and subconscious minds have complete control of us and they use this time to implant thoughts and feelings into our conscious mind. Personally, I have had a variety of (mostly unpleasant) dreams that made me wake up suddenly with back pain. You can use this experience to guide you in your pursuit of the issues causing your TMS pain. Dream interpretation is a powerful aspect of therapy for those who require it. Do not discount the power of your dreams. They are not as random as they might seem. They are certainly a window to look into the deepest darkest parts of your mind and discover some of these hidden psychological conditions that cause so many physical and emotional reactions in our daily lives. Sensei

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000