TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 My dream induced a neck spasm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  01:34:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in the midst of a dream the other night and in the dream I was in a room with a recent ex-flame sitting at a table and in the dream I was EXTREMELY uncomfortable being with in the same room with the guy and I woke up and my neck was in excruciating spasm pain and stayed that way all day. Couldn't move my neck to one side.
Just wanted you to know, to assure you and myself that yes, our subconcious thoughts DO put us into pain.

sensei adam rostocki

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  09:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is an excellent topic and one that I have just recently completed an article about for my site. When we sleep, our unconscious and subconscious minds have complete control of us and they use this time to implant thoughts and feelings into our conscious mind. Personally, I have had a variety of (mostly unpleasant) dreams that made me wake up suddenly with back pain. You can use this experience to guide you in your pursuit of the issues causing your TMS pain. Dream interpretation is a powerful aspect of therapy for those who require it. Do not discount the power of your dreams. They are not as random as they might seem. They are certainly a window to look into the deepest darkest parts of your mind and discover some of these hidden psychological conditions that cause so many physical and emotional reactions in our daily lives. Sensei

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  09:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Maryalma,
Thanks for sharing that, it is very valuable to remember this! I had discussed this very topic w/ my TMS therapist from California...He assured me as well, that this is further proof that our subconscious mind does create the pain! Fascinating and bewildering at the same time..
God bless,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  15:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am now keeping a journal on my nightstand, have been for about 2 weeks and when I am awoken by a dream I scribble it down and go back to sleep. I'm seeing patterns around work. Lots of dreams centered around work. We'll see if it brings any revelations.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  19:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a great idea..I did that years ago..I really should do a dream journal again..It does show us so much about what is going on deep inside..:)
Go to Top of Page

cfhunter

119 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  12:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great topic for me this week. I have had terrible dreams all week last week...dreams about my husband leaving me (fear of abandonment), dreams about ex boyfriends (shame with past behaviors), etc and woken up every night with pain in both of my feet.
I completely believe this connection.
Usually my feet feel great at night....not lately.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000