TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Displaced Aggression

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/27/2007 : 15:27:01
Hi All,
Does anyone else on here ever wonder what all the displaced aggression is about with us TMSers...It is rampant on this forum...I know, because I have had it directed at me from time to time...I have seen sooo many fights on here between members and when the one I was involved in just FINALLY ended in PEACE...Helen B. decides to write a nasty/sarcastic little tidbit about me clearly designed to hurt me, at the end of the infamous thread...It's almost as if she is deliberately trying to stir the pot on purpose...My lesson is to learn to THINK before I WRITE and to stop personalizing people's opinions about me, in general...Hindsight is 20-20 and I wish I didn't even honor Helen B with a response...That kind of blatant hostility doesn't deserve any attention...

Her timing was particularly interesting because she didn't say one word on the thread until Art and I had made amends and peace was established, all the way around...Even Art and TT were having warm words between them! I was happy to see that...And if I indirectly had any influence on that happening, it was all worth it...I really do like ALL of you and I am VERY GRATEFUL especially for all the help I have gotten from my friends on here...In addition, when I was layed up for months with TMS last year, TT and Art helped me ALOT....And for that I will ALWAYS be grateful...Both have some wonderful insight on TMS and how it can run our lives...

THe TMS Gremlin is attacking me in a major way right now in multiple locations in my body...I would never blame another person for my pain, but at the same time,,,I am wondering more and more if this increase in neck, back, foot and chest pain is related to all the recent controversy on here...I was hoping it was just sore muscles/tendons from starting to work out again, two days ago...Who knows...All I know is that I WISH and PRAY that we could all just get along and support each other in a POSITIVE, uplifting way...I abhor arguments and hostility, especially the sarcastic, passive aggressive variety...
Wishing everyone well,
Karen

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/29/2007 : 12:30:15
Allen,
I am soooo sorry for my part in all of this...I feel terrible that no one replied to your need...I will search for you post and give you some input right away...Please accept my sincere apologies...
Hugs,
Karen

Tom,
You didn't fan any flames for me with what you said..It was reasonable and not designed to inflict pain..But I have to say (and I know it sounds a bit childish) I really didn't start this turning into the Hell it has become...My getting defensive did play a part, of course I own that..But..The INTENSITY and NEVER ENDINGNESS of it is not my doing.

allen_non Posted - 03/29/2007 : 12:17:44
Good grief people, this is ridiculous! I posted an appeal for help a couple of days ago with a question regarding shoulder pain, trying to figure out if it could be TMS or something else from a shoulder injury & surgery a few years ago.

To date, not ONE SINGLE REPLY!! Instead, everyone is on this thread beating their gums over whether or not it is proper for someone to mention their website on this forum (and if that is the biggest irritant in your life, you're way better off than anyone I know), or another thread where an even bigger battle is going on. And don't give the line about "all this expression is necessary for healing". It isn't. In fact, from what I've read here the past few days, you're making each other's pain worse, not better.

Either way, get over it, all of you, and spend your energy helping people who come to this forum for genuine help.

You can respond or not, doesn't matter. I don't know if I will be coming back, and certainly won't be coming back to this thread. I'll check my shoulder thread for a few days, and if there isn't any help to be found, I'll just fade away from here, no fuss no muss.

I'll deal with my shoulder myself. And no, I'm not angry.

Disappointed Allen
tennis tom Posted - 03/29/2007 : 12:17:08
Communications positive or negative, confrontation, conflict, and joy etc., are a part of the human condition and play a major role in the formation of our psyches--therefore our TMS psychosomatic issues.

It didn't bother me particularly that Karen posted about her art, Karen will be Karen. I hope she makes a bundle on it and that the first thing she does is go see the Good Doctor, if she returns to NJ. I was surprised that wasn't the first thing she did on her arrival to the East Coast. I know she has financial difficulties, but, where there is a will, there is way.

I thought Art's comments were from the heart and from a positive motivation about the psychology behind Karen's post. Although this is called the TMS Board it could more aptly and just as well be called "THE PSYCHOLOGY BOARD". That's what TMS is all about after-all--the psychology benind our pain and suffering. If some one makes a comment about our psychological motivations, I would think that's part of the territory here and is to be expected and even encouraged.

The pages started building with Karen's reaction and defensiveness. In all fairness, Karen raised the level of emotional response and I think she will readily admit to this and has. And, I will now run, as fast as my limp will allow me, in mortal fear of the flames I may have fanned.

Aloha! and Simmer Down.
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/29/2007 : 12:14:40
Thank you Suz...Appreciate the support on this current attack...We do take ourselves FAR too seriously, that is for sure! I am HUMAN and so I CANNOT RECAL EVERY WORD I HAVE SAID ON EVERY POST...I was an over-poster at one time, when I was layed up for months on end with TMS pain...So given I posted sooo much about my pain, should I be crucified for not remembering one particular line from on particular post!?? My entire life does not center around the TMS forum...Although since this whole fiasco started, it sure seems to! I haven't painted in days and I am dealing with all sorts of symptoms from stress right now! The TMS is hitting my neck, fingers, chest and stomach.. Does that make the few of you who have it out for me happy to hear??

I started this whole thing speaking of an increase in pain even from something POSITIVE going on in my life...I was encouraged previously by some lovely people on here to freely share my art in the future...so I did. Why is it sooooooo important to you Gaye and Helen, to prove me wrong?! What is this REALLY about?

And, more importantly, I have something truly WONDERFUL that is opening up for me in my art career...I mean my face is going to be on the COVER of a magazine, with an article inside about my art and two photos of paintings of mine! And a MAJOR AIRLINE CARRIER is going to put this issue in their seat pockets the entire month of JUNE for all flights leaving JFK and coming to LV!!!! THAT IS WHAT I SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON, INSTEAD OF THIS OUT OF CONTROL DRAMAON HERE! I apologized if I offended anyone...I took responsibility too...This is really beyond the ridiculous...I think the few of you who MUST be enjoying this on some level should perhaps find some other scapegoat to pick on...And, btw...God willing, my art career could potentially take off on a very large scale from the publicity on the magazine...Already there is a art historian/authenticator that has some ideas for me...I deserve this happiness, I have suffered greatly, just like all of you have or we wouldn't be here in the first place...

LAST BUT NOT LEAST! Aren't we all dealing with ENOUGH PAIN AND SUFFERING FROM THE TMS then to fight like cats and dogs and waste valuable forum space!? My intention was to have this post be no longer then 2 pages! But again and again...When provoked to this level and overly overly analzyed by people who don't know my heart or me from Adam, it is VERY hard to keep quiet...That is my part in all of this and I own it. Now I pray that the few of you that are prolonging this agony will back off...I need to paint, not be involved in these insane wars.
art Posted - 03/29/2007 : 11:53:15
quote:
Originally posted by Suz

Oh dear - can't help getting involved here. Does it matter that karen wants to sell her art? For some reason, it doesn't bother me. She definitely suffers from TMS and probably needs to make a living too. I guess if everyone did that on the site, it would be a problem.

I don't know - I wonder if we all take ourselves too seriously and should lighten up.

It's not a high crime, that's for sure. And you're no doubt right that we absolutely take ourselves too seriously...I know I do.
Suz Posted - 03/29/2007 : 11:42:41
Oh dear - can't help getting involved here. Does it matter that karen wants to sell her art? For some reason, it doesn't bother me. She definitely suffers from TMS and probably needs to make a living too. I guess if everyone did that on the site, it would be a problem.

I don't know - I wonder if we all take ourselves too seriously and should lighten up.
redskater Posted - 03/29/2007 : 11:10:08
It didn't take much looking to find a couple of posts.

"financial pressures & TMS"

"Getting worse b4 getting better"
in this post it was stated "" that if anyone knows anyone interested in art pass my site along""

Gaye
art Posted - 03/29/2007 : 10:35:00
"Come on Karen! In the first post(way back when), you put up your web site address and asked if anyone knew someone that was looking for art to go to your site. "

This actually squares with my memory, but Karen insisted she never tried to sell art on this forum and I was willing to take her word for that...You know what? Bottom line, I don't really care much either despite my being the one to raise the issue this time..I briefly considered going back through old posts, but for one thing they can be edited by the author, and for another, as I said, I don't really care enough to go through that...

I do think it's important to be honest however..If Karen did do this, then that would seem to indicate a willingness on her part to throw me under the bus in order to protect herself, which doesn't strike me as very humane...

HelenB Posted - 03/29/2007 : 10:24:39
Well put redskater.

Apologies don't mean much, if ya' do the same thing over and over again, and I feel that repeating over and over again you've apologized for something isn't the same thing as taking responsibility for it.

Karen, I doubt you will take this in the spirit that it is intended, which is a helpful one, but here goes: Please try to consider what I'm about to say, as I feel it might be helpful to you.

Maybe by always being the "poor misunderstood one" which always generates effusive support from your buddies, you somehow feel cared for. The sick and injured little girl in you is comforted by her friends rallying around you. Maybe your TMS drives you toward it.

Just a thought.
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/29/2007 : 09:31:01
Hi Redskater,
It is clear that you didn't read my apology post I sent out to anyone who was offended by my mentioning my art site on here..How many times do you think I need to apologize? I have been wrongly accused of more then just soliciting my art, but I don't have the energy to defend myself anymore...Nor do I think it is fair for everyone to have to hear me explain ad nauseum that I meant no harm and was just excited to share some good news...I think those who disagree have driven the point home quite well. And there have been just as many, if not more, people who had no problem with my posts to begin with! I chose to apologize to those who did.
redskater Posted - 03/29/2007 : 09:22:21
Come on Karen! In the first post(way back when), you put up your web site address and asked if anyone knew someone that was looking for art to go to your site. Then you put up the second post with your web site again. Personally, it doesn't bother me one way or another, but come on take some responsiblity for your actions. You put it out there now you say you weren't solicitng. In most of your posts you always end up being the poor, misunderstood one. You bring it on yourself, and then if everyone doesn't agree with you, you think everyone is ganging up on you.

Have you ever wondered why your posts always end up getting like this??

Gaye

Gaye
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/28/2007 : 22:59:54
Hi Shortcake,
Oh my goodness...I am soooo touched by your email...What a kind heart you have, that is evident! Thank you from the bottom of my heart...You did cheer me up and everything you said resonates with me...I have listened to the Hicks tapes b4 about a year or so ago and then passed them on...They are very good...I don't know what possessed me to co-create this drama...really...In any case, I did learn alot, so something good came out of it...I am feeling really crappy, however, and I am sure this emotional stress didn't help... You are soooo right...I should be focusing on the magazine and my art! Thank you for the necessary reminder! God bless you!
Big Hugs!
~Karen
art Posted - 03/28/2007 : 17:42:47
I didn't say you called her an insulting name...it wasn't you. It was someone else.
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/28/2007 : 15:52:30
I edited my comment to Helen per the advice of a friend on here...However, I did not call her an insulting name, she called me an "Innocent Victim," among other nasty things she said!..So now rolling in my head is you calling me a selfish, narcissist and her calling me an innocent victim! Enough is enough already! As I said b4, does the punishment fit the crime!? I am not some person on here faking TMS, as Helen once accused me of as well! I am not someone on here just trying to spam everyone and sell my art! That is what I am feeling like you and Helen are insinuating...

In the thread on 'tightness in skull' she spoke very badly to me as well...Several people called her on it...How I reacted, in my view, was not anywhere near as ferocious and nasty as she did..It is VERY out of character for me to show this much anger..But when I feel attacked, I guess it's the New Yorker/Jerseyite in me that feels the need to Defend myself...Otherwise I am a very peaceful person...You are welcome to write me via regular email anytime...
art Posted - 03/28/2007 : 15:02:32
Karen,

I've tried to be consistent throughout, but I can see how it might not feel that way to you...The last thing I'll say publicly because it involves Helen....I responded via the forum because she twice mentioned me by name..I resisted answering the first time for the reasons you talk about, but it honestly felt churlish for me not to tell her I appreciated her support, because I did. I also felt badly for her because someone felt it necessary to call her an insulting name..PLus, you attacked her I thought a bit too ferociously..But I should have kept my comments confined to that, and not discussed you further. So you're right again.

I will send you an e-mail as Alexis suggests. This is becoming a conversation between you and I and should be private...By the way, Alexis, I did write, but my e-mail bounced back..I don't want you to think I ignored it, especially since I was the one who asked you to write..
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/28/2007 : 12:57:39
True! Wish this computer had that feature, it would be useful to me... I am pretty bad on computers..I only recently learned to even copy and paste, lol! BTW, our little light hearted chat here has helped to calm me down in my reactions to what is STILL carrying on regarding my post on good stress...Thanks for that...:))
alexis Posted - 03/28/2007 : 12:53:11
quote:
Originally posted by Singer_Artist
BTW, speaking of grammer grammar problems, I had to edit my ridiculously long post here due to all kinds of English problems! It happens when I let my emotions run wild..I type very fast so I make alot a lot of mistakes...

That's one reason to use a browser with an automatic spell checker. :) I don't think I'd survive without it.
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/28/2007 : 12:02:01
LOL...Okay I understand...and you pose an excellent question...But, at this point, I am so frustrated that I sure am not going to make the first move to take this to regular email...And anyway...it is probably providing some good entertainment and distraction from TMS pain to a few people on here...The bad news for me is that I am blocked, at the moment, creatively...(Probably also has to do with having a touch of the flu) I have a big commission to finish and I cannot even pick up a brush right now...I have to get a grip on myself and just give up on trying to explain my position...BTW, speaking of grammer problems, I had to edit my ridiculously long post here due to all kinds of English problems! It happens when I let my emotions run wild..I type very fast so I make alot of mistakes...
alexis Posted - 03/28/2007 : 11:50:48
quote:
Originally posted by Singer_Artist

I hear you, Alexis and again what you are asking makes sense...But it is a question you should also ask Art, not just me...

Sorry, annoying English grammar issue. I meant "y'all" or "ye"...in the only English dialects with a second person plural. Standard English grammar is a pain sometimes. :)

"why aren't y'all hashing this out and making your apologies in private?"
Singer_Artist Posted - 03/28/2007 : 11:47:00
I hear you, Alexis and again what you are asking makes sense...But it is a question you should also ask Art, not just me...I thought this thing was over, until I read what he wrote today on the other thread...I don't know why he and I have been hashing it out here and not via regular email...but I do know that that is a choice we Both made, not just me...And this is something that happens ALOT on here...I am sure you realize that...Had Art written a sincere apology to me via regular email, I would have responded via regular email, but he did not...And...I admitted that I am having an EMOTIONAL reaction to feeling attacked...So, I am not thinking clearly and very frustrated about this whole thing...It should never have turned into all of this...

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000