TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 tingling?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andy989 Posted - 02/24/2007 : 15:44:32
How many of you with shouler/arm/wrist pain feel tingling in your fingers? It's very strange--once I stopped doing the exercises I thought were "repetitive" a few years ago, a few days later, I felt tingling, which I immediately interpreted as a good sign. The tingling and pain never went away.

Have any of you had a strange experience like that with TMS? I'm wondering how I could have "nerve pain" but only start tingling after awhile.

Yet when I believe in the diagnosis, most of the time now, the pain (and tingling) disappears...

Strange what TMS can do...
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 02/27/2007 : 09:34:52
Thank You ACL, I appreciate your kind words.

Cheers,
tt
armchairlinguist Posted - 02/27/2007 : 00:18:03
TT this is really Andy's thread so I'll keep it brief, but I just wanted to say you always give me a good laugh with your style and panache, so keep it up!

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
tennis tom Posted - 02/26/2007 : 21:59:47
Yup, you got it Sonora Sky. Nothing more dangerous than a woman scorned. Now I keep my bags packed for a quick get'away. Looks like it's not even safe in space. To the moon Alice.
sonora sky Posted - 02/26/2007 : 21:33:27
wavy, I think TT's refering to the recent Lisa Nowak scandal:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16997958/
Wavy Soul Posted - 02/25/2007 : 16:46:46
TT: I have to know what this meant ...
quote:
(girlfriend going astronaut on me)

How does one do this?

or you could tell me over tea ;-)

Love is the answer, whatever the question
andy989 Posted - 02/25/2007 : 10:24:21
Thanks, Tom. I actually feel almost completely better quite a bit of the time--I'm just trying to strengthen my acceptance and understanding of the diagnosis. Congrats on the conquering of your pain, and enjoy your game.
tennis tom Posted - 02/24/2007 : 17:20:25
Hi Andy989,

I found an old post that pertains to arm stuff. I was under a lot of emotional pressure at the time, of the relationship kind, (girlfriend going astronaut on me), and also "over-using" my arm in tournaments. My primary doctor refered me to a neurologist, who dx'ed pinched nerve. If I had gone to an ortho, I would have probably been dx'ed with rotator-cuff tear.

With my present knowledge of TMS, I think I would not have gotten the "injury" to begin with, having gained a better understanding of emotional pressure and it's relationship to injury and psychosomatic chronic pain. Just trying to give you some reassurance that your shoulder can heal fully. I have smacked a few million balls since that injury and have as much or more range of motion as before.

Good Luck,
tt

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Elise,

If it's any help, I had excruciating pain that sounds much like yours, about ten years ago, before I found Sarno/TMS. I went to my family doctor who sent me to a neurolgist. He hooked my up to some contraption that measures electrical nerve impulses, an EMG, I think and deduced pinched nerve C6/C7 vertebrae. He told me to quit playing tennis for a month or "I would be seeing him for surgery".

He prescribed a contraption to do neck traction for an hour a day. I basicly sat quietly with this gizmo under my chin hung from a door to stretch my neck out. It was very boring, a form of Western Meditation, as Deepak would say. I busied myself by reading Dan Millmans's book, the "Warrior Athlete" and learned how to write left handed, practicing a tip from Millman's book to learn to do things with the other side of your brain.

I started playing tennis again cautiously after about two weeks. Today, my shoulder is as good as new. I have a really great serve, it is my weapon.

Thank God I didn't do any x-rays back then, who knows what that could have turned up. Your shoulder sounds like mine did and I just wanted to encourage you that it could be as good as new again. I had to hold my arm over my head while walking because the pain was so bad in certain positions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - tennis tom on 02/16/2005 16:03:23

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000