TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 tingling?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andy989

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  15:44:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many of you with shouler/arm/wrist pain feel tingling in your fingers? It's very strange--once I stopped doing the exercises I thought were "repetitive" a few years ago, a few days later, I felt tingling, which I immediately interpreted as a good sign. The tingling and pain never went away.

Have any of you had a strange experience like that with TMS? I'm wondering how I could have "nerve pain" but only start tingling after awhile.

Yet when I believe in the diagnosis, most of the time now, the pain (and tingling) disappears...

Strange what TMS can do...

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  17:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andy989,

I found an old post that pertains to arm stuff. I was under a lot of emotional pressure at the time, of the relationship kind, (girlfriend going astronaut on me), and also "over-using" my arm in tournaments. My primary doctor refered me to a neurologist, who dx'ed pinched nerve. If I had gone to an ortho, I would have probably been dx'ed with rotator-cuff tear.

With my present knowledge of TMS, I think I would not have gotten the "injury" to begin with, having gained a better understanding of emotional pressure and it's relationship to injury and psychosomatic chronic pain. Just trying to give you some reassurance that your shoulder can heal fully. I have smacked a few million balls since that injury and have as much or more range of motion as before.

Good Luck,
tt

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Elise,

If it's any help, I had excruciating pain that sounds much like yours, about ten years ago, before I found Sarno/TMS. I went to my family doctor who sent me to a neurolgist. He hooked my up to some contraption that measures electrical nerve impulses, an EMG, I think and deduced pinched nerve C6/C7 vertebrae. He told me to quit playing tennis for a month or "I would be seeing him for surgery".

He prescribed a contraption to do neck traction for an hour a day. I basicly sat quietly with this gizmo under my chin hung from a door to stretch my neck out. It was very boring, a form of Western Meditation, as Deepak would say. I busied myself by reading Dan Millmans's book, the "Warrior Athlete" and learned how to write left handed, practicing a tip from Millman's book to learn to do things with the other side of your brain.

I started playing tennis again cautiously after about two weeks. Today, my shoulder is as good as new. I have a really great serve, it is my weapon.

Thank God I didn't do any x-rays back then, who knows what that could have turned up. Your shoulder sounds like mine did and I just wanted to encourage you that it could be as good as new again. I had to hold my arm over my head while walking because the pain was so bad in certain positions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - tennis tom on 02/16/2005 16:03:23

Go to Top of Page

andy989

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  10:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Tom. I actually feel almost completely better quite a bit of the time--I'm just trying to strengthen my acceptance and understanding of the diagnosis. Congrats on the conquering of your pain, and enjoy your game.
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  16:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TT: I have to know what this meant ...
quote:
(girlfriend going astronaut on me)

How does one do this?

or you could tell me over tea ;-)

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

sonora sky

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  21:33:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wavy, I think TT's refering to the recent Lisa Nowak scandal:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16997958/
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  21:59:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, you got it Sonora Sky. Nothing more dangerous than a woman scorned. Now I keep my bags packed for a quick get'away. Looks like it's not even safe in space. To the moon Alice.

Edited by - tennis tom on 02/26/2007 22:00:57
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  00:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TT this is really Andy's thread so I'll keep it brief, but I just wanted to say you always give me a good laugh with your style and panache, so keep it up!

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  09:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You ACL, I appreciate your kind words.

Cheers,
tt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000