TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 lupus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NW Julie Posted - 01/11/2007 : 16:47:50
have there been any posts re: tms and lupus symptoms? i was just diagnosed with pleurisy with no obvious underlying condition. it was suggested that i could have an autoimmune disorder like lupus which is of course a terrifying thought. i was just curious to know if anyone else had experienced pleurisy symptoms and had success dealing with it using tms methods.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 01/13/2007 : 05:44:35
"...it was suggested that i could have an autoimmune disorder like lupus which is of course a terrifying thought."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like your doctor(s) are on a fishing expedition to find a "disease" to wrap your symptoms around. Along the way they are instilling a powerful nocebo effect into your psyche. I would suggest you do a search in Sarno's books of the term "auto-immune" and see what he says.

I don't know much about pleurisy except that it has something to do with the lungs filling with liquid. If your docs think it may be auto-immune because they cannot dx it specifically, it seems than it could as well be TMS. You can keep going to doctors until one correctly dx's a legitimate origin or read Sarno and "cure" it yourself. Or you can persue both approaches concurrently, which is what I would do if I didn't know for sure what was wrong with me.

Good Luck,
tt
from Fort Myers, Florida
Nor Posted - 01/12/2007 : 22:54:31
NW Julie,
Stay focused. If you beat back pain once before w/TMS approaches, you know you're capable of doing it again. I see it as indicative that you developed these symptoms surrounding the break off w/your mother.

My husband was diagnosed w/a rare autoimmune disorder 2 years ago. He's been following Sarno's approach w/ meditation and therapy and feels much better. We are convinced that mindbody approaches are helpful - even if you do have a "real" (i.e., officially diagnosed w/testing to validate) disorder - it can have its origins TMS.

Good luck.
NW Julie Posted - 01/12/2007 : 21:16:10
thanks for that. autoimmune disorders are so nebulous and can leave people fraught with anxiety about what symptom is to come next. even the diagnosis is questionable as it is a combination of so many symptoms and ailments. having had a long battle with tms back pain and for the most part won, i feel armed and ready but, as we all do, could use some support in keeping myself in check. no coincidence i recently had a permanent break with my mother (one of only two surviving blood relatives). even acknowledging rage on a certain level isn't sufficient. you really have to go there emotionally and it can take some time. thanks for any other posts re: chest pain, pleurisy, hiatal hernia, ibs - all listed as possible sources for my (current) pain.
shawnsmith Posted - 01/12/2007 : 20:25:38
I personally know a lady who was 100% diagnosed with lupus with all the symptoms, and she suffered greatly. She urnestly prayed to God and she 100% completely recovered.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000