TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS and dentistry?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wavy Soul Posted - 10/05/2006 : 07:04:17
I'd really like to discuss this. I've had some pretty freak experiences with dentistry throughout my life.

Dentistry seems so "real."

I'll post what happened if people want to talk about it.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
2scoops Posted - 10/06/2006 : 06:37:37
I believe some tooth pains could be from TMS. I had my fillings replaced about 3 months ago, and was having problems. Someone told me to oil swish, and I believe that helped a lot. Oil swishing or pulling is taking sesame oil or sunflower oil and swishing it in your mouth for 15-20 minutes, then spitting it out. If your interested make sure you read this before you start.

www.oilpulling.com
carbar Posted - 10/05/2006 : 21:54:11

I thought I had a pretty emotionally traumatic experiences with my old-school orthodontist when I was a kid. He filed my front teeth down to make them even or some bs and wound up exposing a nerve or something. Very scary and then my teeth were sensitive to cold for a long time after (until further dental intervention, in fact, i got bonding put over it).

I also remember when I was kid always being concerned that one of my adult teeth was going to fall out. I would wiggle them around and it felt like it was moving too much, and that made me anxious and scared.

tennis tom Posted - 10/05/2006 : 21:45:50
I cracked up today in the hot-tub; the latest news from the mercury-phobes is that gortex has mercury in it, where will it turn up next?--in thermometers?
altherunner Posted - 10/05/2006 : 18:16:13
I have a fear of dentistry, and I think I am not alone in this. I also had a dentist reccomend unnecessary dental gum surgery, that I fortunately avoided, and changed dentists. I believe the fear of dentists could cause symptoms for some.
johnnyg Posted - 10/05/2006 : 16:54:30
I've noticed correlations between various TMS pains and problems related to my jaw and teeth. I've never related it so much to dentistry as a profession. I'm curious to hear your story.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000