TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Read this if you have any doubt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nor Posted - 09/21/2006 : 20:11:26
Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted in awhile but I wanted to share an experience that screams classic TMS. I've been working on this for about a year and making great progress with the help of reading, journaling and a wonderful TMS therapist. I do still get symptoms (mainly headaches) but it's less frequent and less severe. I'm also down from a variety of several different symptoms to a mere few. This past w/e I was asked by a friend about an old injury-tibia (lower leg) fracture from 1994. She wondered if I had any residual effects. I responded that I didn't and the conversation went in other directions. I never gave it another thought. On Monday of this week, I developed sharp pain at my fracture site - a pain I haven't felt in literally a decade! It was almost as if my subconscious was groping for a new symptom to give me and found one. I've been just ignoring it. It almost kept me from doing my power walks this week. I just talked my way through it and kept reminding myself that its just TMS, aka, the "clever genius".
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nor Posted - 09/23/2006 : 19:49:31
Larkascending,
My therapist was recommended by Dr. Sarno but he's in northern NJ - a bit of a long trip for you. There are some posts on doctors and therapists in CA. Do a search on this forum and you'll find them.
Nor
larkascending Posted - 09/22/2006 : 21:02:11
Hi Nor,
Who is your TMS therapist? Do you have a contact for him/her? I am looking for one..
Lark.
Fox Posted - 09/22/2006 : 08:22:21
Thanks for the terrific post. My brain appears to work in exactly the same way - always on the search for "credible" sites for the purpose of generating chronic pain. But often this primitive level brain search comes up with a ridiculous selection (like your brain's recent selection) - sounds good on the surface level (at least it would sound plausible to a child ) - but one's rational mind can so easily see through the charade that it becomes laughable. That's when I just laugh out loud at the absurdity of the situation.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000