TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Read this if you have any doubt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nor

152 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  20:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted in awhile but I wanted to share an experience that screams classic TMS. I've been working on this for about a year and making great progress with the help of reading, journaling and a wonderful TMS therapist. I do still get symptoms (mainly headaches) but it's less frequent and less severe. I'm also down from a variety of several different symptoms to a mere few. This past w/e I was asked by a friend about an old injury-tibia (lower leg) fracture from 1994. She wondered if I had any residual effects. I responded that I didn't and the conversation went in other directions. I never gave it another thought. On Monday of this week, I developed sharp pain at my fracture site - a pain I haven't felt in literally a decade! It was almost as if my subconscious was groping for a new symptom to give me and found one. I've been just ignoring it. It almost kept me from doing my power walks this week. I just talked my way through it and kept reminding myself that its just TMS, aka, the "clever genius".

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  08:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the terrific post. My brain appears to work in exactly the same way - always on the search for "credible" sites for the purpose of generating chronic pain. But often this primitive level brain search comes up with a ridiculous selection (like your brain's recent selection) - sounds good on the surface level (at least it would sound plausible to a child ) - but one's rational mind can so easily see through the charade that it becomes laughable. That's when I just laugh out loud at the absurdity of the situation.
Go to Top of Page

larkascending

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  21:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Nor,
Who is your TMS therapist? Do you have a contact for him/her? I am looking for one..
Lark.
Go to Top of Page

Nor

152 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  19:49:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larkascending,
My therapist was recommended by Dr. Sarno but he's in northern NJ - a bit of a long trip for you. There are some posts on doctors and therapists in CA. Do a search on this forum and you'll find them.
Nor
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000