TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 journaling with voice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
symphonic Posted - 09/02/2006 : 21:47:52
Hi again everyone. I just have a quick question about journaling. A few years ago I tried to start a journal but gave that up -writing or typing is just too slow to capture all the thoughts as they rush through your head. It was frustrating. So this time I've started to journal using a digital voice recorder and I thought I would see if anyone had had success with this method, or if you really need to write things down...

It seems to me that talking is a much more natural way to express emotions. And on playback it will be valuable to have the voice component since hearing yourself speak is pretty powerful... I thought about using a WebCam is well.

I thought I could combine this with image streaming-start just describing emotions and pictures as they come up.

Any thoughts?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jrnythpst Posted - 09/04/2006 : 18:21:00
When I was a child I would record (voice)myself singing, reading stories, talking to my cats and various things. I loved it. I continued with singing into a cassette tape in order to be able to play it back and hear where I was going wrong and when I where I was going right. Then I could hear the progression of my progress. So in this respect I think it would be great. Just make sure you have a back up for it if you really want to keep these thoughts.

Not sure about the webcam idea though. Course then again I hate seeing and having taken pictures of myself. I love taking pictures just not being in them, nor on camera. Odd for someone who majored in communications with an emphasis in media arts huh? LOL

any best of luck to you.

Hugs,
Ali Cat

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000