TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Forum Reorganization?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dave Posted - 08/11/2006 : 08:12:41
The site has grown to a point where it may be worthwhile to create several different sub-topics for better organization.

Please let me know if you think this would be useful, and if you have any suggestions for sub-topics.

For example, the current topics would be renamed "TMS General Topics" and we will create several additional topics such as "Success Stories", "Support Groups", "Doctor Recommendations", etc.

Feel free to disagree with this idea. For one thing, it may not be as convenient for some people to have to scan more than one group.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
h2oskier25 Posted - 08/25/2006 : 06:21:20
Gaye's Right, TT.

You're funny and I love a dry sense of humor

Beth
tennis tom Posted - 08/24/2006 : 21:07:14
Thank you Gaye,

tt
redskater Posted - 08/24/2006 : 20:10:50
I don't care what anyone says, TT you crack me up. I happen to like your brand of humor.

Gaye
tennis tom Posted - 08/24/2006 : 13:45:47
Dave, may I suggest a possible organiztion for the board be based on, in no particular order of preference:

*Democrats
*Republicans
*Independents
*Liberterians
*Centerists
*Greens
*Anarchist Monsters (me)

westcoastram Posted - 08/22/2006 : 17:37:06
quote:
Originally posted by miehnesor

quote:
Originally posted by h2oskier25

I've thought about this a lot, as I'm sure Joseph B has. I feel that too much specialization is going to make it hard for people to hear from a broader range of experience.

Also, I feel that the symptomology section would allow people to focus too much on the physical, which we're all guilty of.

Please consider the following three topics, and I thank JosephB.

1. TMS General Topics

2. TMS Testimonials

3. Irrelevant Topics

This takes care of the Al Gore thread issues and all similar non related issues. This also takes care of the people who ask for success stories a lot.

Beth

I like this the simplicity of this approach.

I too like this and understand the trepidation of a symptomology section but perhaps we could add an equivalency section to this one where at least those could be examined in depth as well.

Two other ideas that keep coming up are a listing of what people have overcome and a section of books and other resources, could their simply be such a listing available without making them a "comment-able" folder?
miehnesor Posted - 08/22/2006 : 15:37:20
quote:
Originally posted by h2oskier25

I've thought about this a lot, as I'm sure Joseph B has. I feel that too much specialization is going to make it hard for people to hear from a broader range of experience.

Also, I feel that the symptomology section would allow people to focus too much on the physical, which we're all guilty of.

1. TMS General Topics

2. TMS Testimonials

3. Irrelevant Topics

This takes care of the Al Gore thread issues and all similar non related issues. This also takes care of the people who ask for success stories a lot.

Beth

I like this the simplicity of this approach.
Scottydog Posted - 08/22/2006 : 12:00:56

What about

1. TMS Topics

2. TMS Testimonials (Success Story posts)

3. Lists of TMS or equivalents that have been overcome.

4. Personal advice wanted.

5. Other topics

or scrub the Other topics and refer posters to more suitable websites as Dave suggested.

westcoastram Posted - 08/22/2006 : 11:28:38
Perhaps there could be a folder to deal with equivalents too? These seem to be unique and yet deserve to be explored as indepth in their own regard.

Also, there's a good deal of non-Sarno literature that people suggest out there... could there be a resource section (someone may have already suggested this) where books, tapes, et all can be listed?

h2oskier25 Posted - 08/22/2006 : 06:36:56

1. TMS General Topics

2. TMS Testimonials

3. Irrelevant Topics

Beth
JosephB Posted - 08/22/2006 : 02:21:59
Dave – Again, Many Thanks for your commitment and dedication to this TMS Help Forum.

This is my revised list of suggested topics for TMS Forum Reorganization in the order of importance for the primary purpose of this forum. Note that this concise list summarizes all the areas which have been posted by TMS’ers in response to your original request for comments.

All current and existing topic postings should be placed in, Previous TMS Topics, without any need to categorize them into separate subtopics.

Note that Doctor Recommendations, Support Groups, TMS Resources, and all other general topics can be covered under, TMS General Topics.

I feel that TMS Psychology is the primary and most important topic for a true understanding of the TMS Theory, which can oftentimes result in a permanent TMS "cure".

TMS symptoms are not as important, since they tend to make one focus on the “physical” rather than on the “psychological”. But since there are a lot of postings where individuals want to ask and talk about their own specific physical symptoms, TMS Symptomatology.

Note that Success Stories can be covered under, TMS Testimonials.

For those with personal troubles seeking advice from other TMS’ers, Personal Problems.

Irrelevant Topics would be for those who wish to debate subjects which have nothing at all to do with TMS Help, either good-naturedly or antagonistically.

1. Previous TMS Topics

2. TMS General Topics

3. TMS Psychology

4. TMS Symptomatology

5. TMS Testimonials

6. Personal Problems

7. Irrelevant Topics

JosephB
JosephB Posted - 08/21/2006 : 01:49:25
quote:
Originally posted by PeterW

I do like the idea of a separate area that would act as a support group and help folks give/receive advice on more personal matters. After all, we all live lives that can get pretty complicated, and the stresses and complications can and do feed TMS.
Item 4. Personal Problems, was intended to take care of your suggestion quoted above. Perhaps Item 4 should be reworded, Personal Matters.

JosephB
PeterW Posted - 08/20/2006 : 10:15:01
quote:
Originally posted by JosephB

Dave – Loads of Thanks for your commitment and dedication to this TMSHelp Forum.

This is my suggested list for TMS Forum Reorganization, in the order of importance for the primary purpose of this forum. Note that this concise list, without elaboration, summarizes all the areas which have been posted by TMS’ers in response to your original request for comments.

1. TMS Psychology

2. TMS Symptomatology

3. TMS Testimonials

4. Personal Problems

5. Irrelevant Topics

JosephB

This generally works for me, though some things such as doctor recommendations, or discussions of local Support Groups or TMS resources (books, videos, links) dont really fall under psychology or symptomology. Another heading for Doctors, Support Groups, and other Resources? Not sure if this now makes too many separate headings to be practical.
JosephB Posted - 08/20/2006 : 01:01:13
Dave – Loads of Thanks for your commitment and dedication to this TMSHelp Forum.

This is my suggested list for TMS Forum Reorganization, in the order of importance for the primary purpose of this forum. Note that this concise list, without elaboration, summarizes all the areas which have been posted by TMS’ers in response to your original request for comments.

1. TMS Psychology

2. TMS Symptomatology

3. TMS Testimonials

4. Personal Problems

5. Irrelevant Topics

JosephB
altherunner Posted - 08/19/2006 : 18:15:44
There seem to be a lot of runners with tms - maybe a runner's section? Or, maybe not. I also like the existing forum.
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/14/2006 : 16:07:26
Beth!!! I love your sense of humor! You crack me up!!!! LOL
h2oskier25 Posted - 08/14/2006 : 13:41:52
NO, please lets NOT have seperate sections for body parts. We all need help getting our minds OFF Of the physical.

YES, lets have a seperate "Irrelevant subjects" forum for talking about Global Warming, because we are sort of a social group here, now, and we do like to talk about other important things in life.

Also, if the irrelevant subjects forum has lots of posts about people's struggles and woes, so be it. We need to air that stuff sometimes. We have become a group that supports each other - Except for Shari, of course, who doesn't support anybody (Just KIDDING ).

Thanks for all your work on this board, Dave, and for asking our opinion.

Beth
weatherman Posted - 08/14/2006 : 12:37:26
Amen to the irrelevant topics suggestion, I don't visit this site to debate about Al Gore.

Otherwise I think these categories would work well:

1) Problems people are having, asking for suggestions etc. and

2) Success stories. They're out there, but sometimes hard to find given the large number of posts. Although-I have used the search feature, and it works fairly well.

3) Links to other TMS sites - people could post additions as they find them.

Dave, have you ever considered becoming a writer? I think you could write a very concise, to-the-point book.
Kimakim Posted - 08/13/2006 : 15:34:33
Hello there, as a newbie I think a bit more organization would be great...I've spent a lot of hours using the Search function to read through posts and haven't always found exactly what I'm looking for.

Just my two cents.

Thanks,

Kim

Yes, yes, yes...it's TMS (my new mantra!)
PeterW Posted - 08/13/2006 : 12:02:56
I do like the idea of a separate area that would act as a support group and help folks give/receive advice on more personal matters. After all, we all live lives that can get pretty complicated, and the stresses and complications can and do feed TMS. I'd also (somewhat reluctantly) go along with the Irrelevant Topics area, if people are serious about it and really want it, though I wouldn't call it essential.

But separating these areas would allow the main TMS General Topics board to stay more focussed on the original intent.

Other than that, a Success Story area would really work. But I'd agree that creating too many categories could get confusing so I'd prefer that it not be subdivided too much.

Thanks Dave!
tennis tom Posted - 08/13/2006 : 10:31:37
I second JB's idea for a section on "IRRELEVANT TOPICS", where TMS' ers can socialize or anti-socialize.

Is there a tool in the web-site archetecture that allows the moderator to "move" posts to the proper forum when they are posted in the wrong one?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000