TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Symbolism & TMS symptoms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/10/2006 : 11:14:58
I was wondering if anyone has ever noticed a connection between how their TMS symptoms manifest and what they could be symbolizing in one's current life or childhood...It's almost like what is going on deep inside, emotionally speaking...ends up manifesting in one's body almost literally...For example...My main issue is my neck, pain and tightness, also some neuro symptoms when it gets really bad...Here is the connection I am pondering...
I FEEL STUCK HERE IN VEGAS...(due to the neck, finances, and feeling responsible for my roomie/bro's happiness...also due to my dogs)
My neck is 'stuck' and won't move properly...it is tight, I cannot look much left and right and I cannot look UP at all...
WHAT IS IT ABOUT MY LIFE THAT I DON"T WANT TO LOOK AT?
WHY DON"T I WANT TO LOOK UP INTO MY LIFE OR AT MY CREATOR EVEN??

For months, even longer, b4 this recent attack of acute TMS in my neck I was feeling TRAPPED by my situation here...and VERY MUCH missing friends/family in NJ and my life there..I even told some friends that I feel like i am in a sort of prison living in this house...Don't get me wrong...I love my roomie, we are best pals and he is a wonderful person, the best...BUT...I HATE LIVING HERE...I miss the ocean so much too...I was even starting to cry in a restaurant when my roomie took me out the other day just thinking about how much I missed the Jersey shore...

BUT..it is bittersweet thinking of going back there because I have issues w/ my sister and there are other dysfunctions in my family there, as well as i end up missing my parents even more when I am in NJ...BUT...3 years ago when i lived there for 9 weeks doing gigs I NEVER used a darn ice pack once for neck, back or knee! I have had 2 'injuries' to knee and neck since...but i had had previous ones as well when i was in NJ and my time there was NOT stress free either...A relationships was ending and I was having issues w/ my sister..Yet I remained PAIN FREE for those 9 weeks...Hmmm...I know, geographicals don't work cuz wherever you go, there you are...BUT...I feel soooooo ALONE here in the desert...I even refered to the house I live in as a morgue or a coffin...Now I am literally STUCK in my own body, unable to move or live normally..How do i get beyond this while still living here??
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/11/2006 : 15:20:45
Who is Abbee Joseph Cohen..Forgive me for being from another planet, lol? This is probably someone I should know...
tennis tom Posted - 07/11/2006 : 15:16:56
Darn,

Now I gotta' go to BlockBuster and rent a video for tonite's entertainment. At least I'm a share holder, a cheap stock, but don't blame me. I'm no Abbee Joseph Cohen.
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/11/2006 : 14:18:49
Hmm...Well TT, You did have me laughing hard too, until your last quote about one's enemy speaking the truth...That can be true in life, no doubt...BUT...in this case, I don't think so...And I have to agree with my Wolf pal, Jay on this one...This forum is not place for blatant rudeness...As for the cat fight, I am done...As i said in my last posts...She can be as nasty as she wants...I will not react...

Jay,
In case you didn't read the above..I agree 100 percent with you on this...Rudeness is uncalled for...and if someone wants to be nasty..they can send me a private email (I am not afraid of leaving my email address on here) and this way the other people on here don't have to listen to such garbage...Except in TT's case cuz he enjoys it...(kidding, Tom!)
Hugs,
Karen
wolf29 Posted - 07/11/2006 : 14:00:32
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

Sorry K, no rules on the www (except for Dave).

True, it is the internet and people can post whatever they want, but does that include blatant rudeness?

On my board, which has nothing to do with TMS, we encourage debates and welcome differences of opinion but with civility.

We tell people to air their personal differences via PM or email. Otherwise it just takes a topic completely off topic IMO.

But hey, this is not my forum so everyone has their own rules I guess.

Regards
tennis tom Posted - 07/11/2006 : 13:17:12
thanks h2o,

regards,

tt

h2oskier25 Posted - 07/11/2006 : 12:40:49
TT,

I just LOVE your posts. I haven't laughed so hard.

We should all take ourselves (and life) as lightly as you do on this forum.

Beth
tennis tom Posted - 07/11/2006 : 11:44:15
Alright, Cat fight !

I'm gonna' make some popcorn and go into lurking. This will give me something to look forward to this evening.

Since Wimbledon ended TV has sucked, (except for the FOOD CHANNEL--my favorite).

Sorry K, no rules on the www (except for Dave). Amy Vanderbilt doesn't come here. Too bad we don't have a Jello-pool.

"You're enemy, who tell's you the truth, is a better friend, than your friend, who lies to you". (quoted from the Sunday morning sermon at Texas Chainsaw Yoga Tony Briggs)

Singer_Artist Posted - 07/10/2006 : 22:55:39
Thanx Bdystore...Appreciate your thoughts...I know i have alot to think about, no doubt about that...
bdystore Posted - 07/10/2006 : 22:48:56
quote:
Originally posted by Singer_Artist

If I knew FOR SURE that moving to NJ was best for me, I would start trying to manifest the move...or plan it somehow...Maybe the man of my dreams will magically show up and he happens to live in NJ....What choice do I have? I appreciate your support fellow Jerseyite..and we must do tea if I do end up moving back...Tea or better yet..LOBSTER in Cape May!

Do you know for certain that you are unhappy in LV? If yes, then it's a problem. What do we do when we have a problem? Most of us try to work out a solution to the problem. We try to move on. Some of us come up with too many roadblocks to our solutions, so we end up standing in the middle of our crap. We can't move, we cant change direction because we can think of a hundred other obsticles to keep us right where we are.
Why are you interested in having a relationship? Dont you have some decisions to make? Isn't it time for a plan of action? It's normal to be afraid and concerned. Those are reasonable feelings for your situation. But, to move on you must stop being ruled by your feelings and begin a plan of action. One thing you need to be reminded of: There are no guarantees in life. You really need to make that your mantra for about a week. Say it over and over again during your waking hours and just before you go to sleep at nite. Try it! It will make you strong.
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/10/2006 : 22:09:54
I just looked back into your previous posts Joyful, to see if we ever wrote to each other b4...How ironic that you had spoken to me about verbal abuse when that is EXACTLY what you are doing now in your interactions via email w/ me...Guess that is why you are so versed in the subject..You clearly have some direct experience w/ this...Probably being an abuser yourself...
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/10/2006 : 21:58:43
Wow...you really are an angry person and have a little evil streak there too...I feel sorry for you, whoever you are...To be that mean to someone you don't even know shows me that you are not a healthy or balanced individual...You could try to bait me with more nastiness or get me angry, whatever, it won't work...You don't even exist as far as I am concerned..
j0yful Posted - 07/10/2006 : 21:47:32
I repeat YOU LIKE BEING MISERABLE.
j0yful Posted - 07/10/2006 : 21:46:15
Dating sites??????? Watch out Jay! She's fishing for a savoir.
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/10/2006 : 20:49:20
Maybe, but I don't think so because she and I have never communicated b4 this...If we had an established cyber pal relationship like I have with you and several others, that would be different..But this was the first time, if my memory is correct, that she ever wrote to me...She was definitely coming from an angry place..and my guess is that anger is within herself and has nothing to do with me...
wolf29 Posted - 07/10/2006 : 20:44:03
Perhaps joyful was trying to get you angry in a good way . If it gets you angry and makes you prove her wrong then her post would have served it's purpose.

Just guessing.
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/10/2006 : 19:56:11
Sorry you feel that way about me Joyful..but I do appreciate your honesty..It is a free country and I have been told by others on here that I can post as much as I need or want to..You don't have to read my posts, just pass over them, ignore them if they cause you to be angry...ALthough my guess is that 'they',,,my posts, could not possibly be the true cause of your anger...You don't know me, and as I said, you don't have to read my posts or write back either...I AM TAKING THE ADVICE ON HERE THE BEST THAT I CAN..and if I was such a screw up then I would NOT have made the friends that I made on here...I am emailing almost daily w/ several people that I connected w/ ON THIS FORUM...And...a few have even told me that my posts ACTUALLY HELPED THEM or were a positive, not a terrible negative that you make it sound like..

I don't know you or your pain situation...but i am in a considerable amount of pain and have been stuck inside for over 6 weeks w/ this particular bout of TMS..So the last thing i need is to have dark, angry or uncomfortable conversations like this..If someone like Chris, Dave, Art, Susie, NDB, Beth, Tom, Miche, Jay or Darko and more said the same thing, I would not take it the way I am taking it coming from someone I haven't heard anything from til now. Yes I did feel that a few replies were on the harsh side recently...but...all of that has since been cleared up..And I APOLOGIZED for being overly sensitive to their well meaning advice...I always felt that in between the words they were ALL coming from a caring place and trying to help me! The end result was a positive and a healing...

HOWEVER, in your case..I do NOT feel that..There is some malice in your words, that is what I am picking up..So perhaps You are using ME as a scapegoat for YOUR OWN ISSUES...think about it. And...if you read even some recent posts by many others..I am surely not the ONLY ONE who has doubts or difficulties repudiating the structural diagnosis and believing they have TMS...It is a theme from the beginning of this forum..I have read previous posts just like mine from 2 years ago..and there were people struggling w/ accepting they have TMS back then too...I am NOT the only one...I do believe i have it, and I am doing the work..And if I lived in NJ still I am sure Dr. Sarno would accept me as a patient...I am already in therapy w/ a great therapist who studied w/ Dr. Sarno himself...He does not judge me for my doubts and neither should you...
j0yful Posted - 07/10/2006 : 19:13:31
Yes, a little. You don't seem to buy the TMS diagnosis. You constantly bring the strain of any topic away from recovery to that of your self obsessions. Even Dr. Sarno turned away patients who he felt were unable to accept the diagnosis of TMS. You also have an excuse for everything. I personally think you like being miserable or you would actually try what many people have been telling you to do.
PS. You are hard to avoid in this forum. You post everywhere. TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER. TELL ME AND YOUR BRAIN TO F**K OFF AND GO FOR A WALK.
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/10/2006 : 16:46:39
Thanx Joyful, I think...(jk) I appreciate the advice but I am wondering why the BIG letters...To emphasize what you are saying to me or are you feeling angry?
j0yful Posted - 07/10/2006 : 16:30:35
KAREN,
GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD. STOP THINKING ABOUT YOUR THINKING.
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/10/2006 : 15:46:41
I hear you, Art...makes sense too...And really when I think about it, I do my best work...ie...writing music or painting when i am in the best frame of mind and when my body is pain free...

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000