TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 weird example

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jilly_girl Posted - 12/27/2005 : 15:33:51
couldnt sleep last night so watched a bit of the Discovery Channel. there was this program on rare medical conditions. it talked a bit about the mind/body connection. this one guy became interested in seeing how he could defeat pain. so he sticks an iv in his forehead and lets saline solution run in, causing his forehead to bulge way out. he then goes out to gross out people, one of his favorite tricks being to push in thumb in his swollen forehead, leaving a huge dent. now this is a weirdo with issues for sure, but i thought it was rather fascinating how the guy works through pain that would knock most out.

Jill
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jilly_girl Posted - 12/27/2005 : 17:55:52
hey art...he just wanted to experiment with the mind/body issue. so he inflicted pain by pumping his head full of saline . one has to wonder how he even came up with such a notion. he also enjoyed peoples reaction to it, which ranged from grossed out to amazed.

Jill
art Posted - 12/27/2005 : 16:23:17
It takes a bit to make me laugh out loud when I'm alone these days, but the image of this guy and his forehead did the trick for me...

But Jilly, I'm not clear on how this defeated his pain..You mean, just by distracting himself from it?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000