TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 shingles/back pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2016 :  11:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, after almost 20 years recovered from tms, I'm now having terrible low back, sciatica etc associated with an attack of shingles. Is shingles tms? I kind of doubt it, because it's a virus, but the back pain is exactly like it was years ago. shingles attacks the nerves and my pain seems like nerve pain, but I'm confused. any info appreciated

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  14:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not one reply? gee thanks!
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  15:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apparently there's not a lot of activity on here lately
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2016 :  11:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a recent thread on shingles, so I suggest you use the Search feature and take a look.

Shingles is not TMS, it is clearly inflammation caused by a virus. However, a compromised immune system can certainly play a role in allowing the dormant virus to come back to life. The immune system is a target of TMS, so it is possible that there is a connection.
Go to Top of Page

summabody

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2016 :  11:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr Grossbart is a mind-body skin doctor, and he's posted his free ebook with recovery techniques on his site

http://www.grossbart.com/SkinDeep.pdf

It's a GREAT read, and addresses all sorts of skin disorders - shingles, herpes, psoriasis, eczema, acne etc.

He never mentions Sarno or TMS specifically but he certainly shares Sarno's perspective on the mind-body impact of flares, which Grossbart suggests can be metaphoric to things that are going on in our inner and subconscious lives.

Yes, shingles is a virus but it's not a stretch to consider that the mind-body chooses what symptoms to give us, and when to trigger shingles, where on our body and to what severity. Much in line with TMS theory and recovery techniques.
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  23:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, my shingles was caused by intense chemotherapy but the pain/numbness is still a problem 2 yrs later. I will read skin deep
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2018 :  19:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - my sister in law has had chemo for colon cancer, and has been having skin and hair troubles, I just bought her some moringa from the health food store, it is supposed to help. If you google it there are lots of suppliers and all different prices, try iherb or amazon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000