TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Positive Results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JayP

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  10:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forum users,
I thought it might be a good idea to have one topic that focuses only on positive results. Whenever you experience a “win” or a breakthrough or anything that’s positive and has contributed to you making further progress in taking your life back from TMS, it would be great if you could post those here. That way we’ll always have one place to read testimonials that will strengthen our resolve to keep working at it. Here’s my first testimonial:

I read Amir’s book over the long weekend and found immediate relief when I began working on his 9-step recovery plan. It was incredible! Any doubt that I had that my low back pain was the result of the insidious flu I had in December was completed squelched when I put his “how” plan into practice. I had spent a lot of time contemplating whether or not this truly was TMS, but decided I needed to put it to rest once and for all if I was going to get better. So I tried the action items he laid out about clenching the fists, etc., and yelling at the TMS. It worked so well, that the severe aching that I was feeling was gone within hours. While I still am experiencing some minor stiffness, it’s tolerable. Amir’s words came true that night when I developed a neck ache, which mysteriously disappeared the next day, and was then replaced with a headache and some allergy symptoms at the end of the day. But, today my back is only slightly stiff, no neck pain, no headache, and just a touch of allergies.

I look at Sarno as providing the “why” and Amir as providing the “how”, which is what I badly needed. The two work excellent together.

Also over the weekend, I had another breakthrough dream that made me realize that my work situation was paralleling my childhood and that I was consciously reliving my past on a new, professional stage at 49 that brought up all my repressed feelings of anger and rage that have led to feelings of insecurity and low self-esteem! I was ripe for TMS to take over, especially since it was “awakened” after my bout with the flu in December. TMS remembered the pain outlet, and it remembered well. But fortunately I'm now on to "him" and I now know exactly what to do to continue to get better.

One last thing I failed to mention. I took a 2-mile walk at the beach over the weekend, and shopped in the mall for 5 hours with only a lunch break, all without pain! Take that TMS!

Hope my post is encouraging. Please post your testimonials and wins. I would love to read them.

JayP

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  11:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for posting the positive results you have had with TMS. That may give some of us more hope for recovery. It is good to see someone here actually post the emotional side of TMS. Maybe this will cause the rest of us to look deep inside ourselves to see what is causing our pain. I have been feeling better of lately. I have actually been following the program mentioned in The Mindbody Prescription by one of Sarno's patients, I think it was Mr. Cambello's. The only thing I can say is keep at it. When I started seeing results I kind of slacked off of doing the internal work, but I need to keep at it until the pain is completely gone. But thanks for the post JayP, thanks for reminding us that people are actually having success with TMS, it just takes a little work on our part.
Go to Top of Page

Irish Jimmy

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  17:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JayP, good post. I agree with you, more "TMS success stories" should be posted as encouragement to others, especially for people just starting their program. Good luck in your progress, that goes for everybody!!
Go to Top of Page

JayP

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2004 :  08:22:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Jimmy. I think it's very apparent from some of today's posts that we all could use more positive comments on this forum!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000