TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Visualization and TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Irish Jimmy

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2004 :  19:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reading Fred Amir's Rapid Recover. From Back and Neck Pain I noticed he talked about using Visualization and Imagery to help bring about recovery. I have used visualization in sports with success. I was wondering if any of you have tried, and had success with it for pain relief as part of your TMS program? I have just started doing it for TMS. Good Luck with your progress.

JoeW

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  00:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried it a bit - in particular visualising blood coarsing through my arms (mentioned in another post just now). This helped for a while, but I didn't keep it up.

I didn't do much else, because by the time I read Fred Amir's book I was able to do pretty much everything I wanted to, physically, without restriction (although with varying pain). I visualised brushing my teeth in the morning with no pain, but it wasn't very inspiring (!) compared to Amir's example of visualising carrying his children, being unable to do that at the time.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  11:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Irish Jimmy,

I've been doing something recently that seem to be helping to fix my hip. I've been consciously trying to spread the toes out on that foot which makes the nerves work and the hip muscles and exstensor muscles of the legs. It seems to be working. I guess I had to visualize this exercise first. If you can't think it or dream it first, you can't do it.

A mantra I use is, "I've never had an injury that my body didn't fix". To me the true test of a healed injury is when I can't remember which side it was on, right or left. This takes about a year for me.

Cheers,
tt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000