TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Site Help and Suggestions
 Anal and rectal pressure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  12:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I'm a 30 year old male and for the past five years I have had these weird rectal and anal pains. Its like a pressure sensation like my rectum has a ball in it. Its there all day. After many scans and tests it has been diagnosed as hypochondriasis. I'm a massive anxiety sufferer and thuis problem has ruled my life for a long time. I did have a gap of about 6 months with no pain at all. I also find that when I am on holiday or off work the pain goes away. Its also gone when I'm asleep but builds up again when I wake up. I can be feeling fine and think to myself I haven't had hat pain for a while and then wham, its back. It all started with pereneum pain during a stressful time of my life. This was diagnosed as prostatitus. Had some pills and it went away. Then came back a few weeks later. That was 5 years ago. I have had hundreds of different medication, ct scans, rectal exams and proctoscope and all is healthy. Blood tests are all ok. I have had other anxiety symptoms such as hard to breath. When I had these other problems my anal discomfort went away. I know its all caused by my brain. A serious problem doesn't come and go. I know the more I stress about it or google my symptoms it makes it worse. Oh and I have back ache and just a general feeling of a tight pelvis. Can anyone relate??? Does it sound like I might be tms?? I am on sertraline 150mg and have been for years but I am just starting to see a cbt therapist so hopefully I will get sorted. I just seem to seek reasurance all the time and wish I could just go back to how I used to be.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000