TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS Therapist
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joan

34 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  11:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going to a TMS therapist only 3 sessions. HAs anyone used a tms therapist and has learned anything from their therapy..Would appreciate any thoughts!!Thanks

pan

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  11:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I visited a TMS therapist...I did find it useful on one level to get a stress illness/TMS diagnosis but there was always that nagging thought that just as a traditional dualist GP, chiro etc would diagnose a physical/structural problem then a TMS practioner would diagnose TMS. I suppose it all comes down to the if you go to the hairdresser you are going to get a haircut theory.

I think it can be beneficial to get that 'expert' confirmation but what I have learnt it that the acceptance and change has to come from within...you have to take a leap of faith and its quite rare for this impetuous to come from an outside source.

I have to say that 3 lessons seems quite a lot. I tend to agree with Monte Huefle who stresses that everything we need to know to move towards controlling (not curing) TMS can be picked up and learnt in 10 minutes...going over and over this and searching for more and more information is just basically TMS'ing in itself and just leads to doubt, frustration and crucially a total inability to apply anything and move forward.

I live in the UK and whilst it is good to see more and more practioners moving towards a mind/body approach I can't help but think that some people are making an awful lot of money on the back of this...of course this applies to all treatment modalities so I suppose its wrong to bemoan TMS practioners.

If I'm honest I think my TMS practioner visit did help but this was very short lived and the doubt and fear surfaced literally within hours of the consultation...I did have another consultation but this was really just going over the same thing. I honestly doubt any practioner could tell you anything you couldn't learn for on here in an hour...it's just about taking the leap of faith and applying the principles.

Wake me up with your amphetamine blast
Take me by the collar and throw me out into the world
Rock me gently & send me dreaming of something tender
I was brought here to pay homage to the beat surrender

Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  14:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with pan. Once the penny drops (and it will in time and in good heart), you realise how blissfully simple it all is. In principle I have no objection to people charging for prodding us to see this but it's not that complicated.
Relax. Enjoy life. Let go.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  14:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joan

Going to a TMS therapist only 3 sessions. HAs anyone used a tms therapist and has learned anything from their therapy..Would appreciate any thoughts!!Thanks

If you need to ask that question you likely need to see one, only you can answer the question whether they are the right one for you or if you are in a position to benefit from them at this time.

All the TMS practitioners I'm aware of make very little off TMS. Very few people on the planet are open to the idea that their pains are caused by being overwhelmed by stressful emotions. TMS practitioners do a lot of pro bono work.If your funds are low, they can probably do a sliding scale. You pay a non TMS savvy doctor or therapist the same whether they know anything about TMS or not. Why not give your money to someone who knows both sides of the mindbody condition? You are getting double the value and will spend much less money in the long run and be happier and healthier. Most people who have stumbled on this site have spent huge amounts of money and time attempting to unravel the mystery of the origin of their pain. Quite a pity if it was TMS all along, also the loss of quality and enjoyment of life due to misdiagnosis by traditional allopathic medicine.

If you feel you're not getting anywhere with your present TMS therapist, try contacting SteveO or Nicole Sachs who are each well versed and written great TMS books. Their contact info can be found above at the "LINKS" or "RESOURCES" pages.

G'luck!

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod =================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Edited by - tennis tom on 09/14/2013 12:15:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000