TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Erection pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Whoaday

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  20:33:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I haven't posted in a while. I know symptoms move I am a 29 year old with chronic prostatitis for almost 5 years and the rectum pain and such has reduced greatly but now and please someone assure me this is normal...I am having pain at the base of my penis only upon erection and last night I couldn't keep it during sex with my wife and that's humiliating and then I lost sensation and it was kind of numb. I've never had sex before I developed this stupid condition so I've never felt 100% normal but it's like something inside the penis is contracted especially at erection causing pain and if it's pulled downward or the tip is pressed in a certain way it seems shooting nerve pain to my perineum and rectum. I've been checked out over the years with no medical cause but someone tell me this is TMS and it can be beat.

Thank you,

Brian

Whoaday

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  20:55:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian, sorry to hear you are in pain. Have you seen a doctor about this problem?

Mala

Mala Singh Barber. I'm on facebook. Look me up
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  21:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting to see you back because I actually related to your pain .

All the pains you have described in your posts I have had. Not the erectile thing but everything else. It seems sex and masturbAtion make my pains go away for a few mins.

I saw dr rashbaum about it and he said it was Tms. I have a lot of issues when it comes to sex. My last gf just used me for that and then became a lesbian or was always secretly one.

Anyway I get a tightness in the rectum, perinium pains, penile pains, low back pains, for three months now. It really has subsided a lot in the last few days since I went to the doctor to get my blood work. I ve thougt every diagnosis from Pns, prostatis, herpes, herniated disc, more stds.

My doctor said none of these things would cause these pains especially for this long and this intense. I stopped looking things up because I have everything.

Anyway I have really calmed down a lot because I understand pains like this shouldn't be chronic. I've experienced all these sensations in my ribs a few years back and it was Tms.

You mention you diet have sex before your wife? My brother had prostatis as well with no cause. It went away when he made peace with his ex wife leaving him and a dose of Paxil.

Sucks you are back because I was waiting to here a success story from you eventually. But if you need reassurance my brother had all those penile pains you spek of , only mine are opposite where the erections don't hurt but everything else does.
Go to Top of Page

Dr James Alexander

Australia
127 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  05:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember a radio discussion by a Montreal psychology professor, talking about genital area pains in both males and females, with no clear physical cause. He didnt mention TMS and likely has never heard of it, but he were clearly talking about psychogenic pain- and stated that it needed to be treated in the same way as any other psychogenic pain, ie, a psychological exploration (actually, he was talking about behavioural interventions).

just found the discussion- see transcript on

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/healthreport/genital-pain/3334514#transcript

i heard it a few years ago so am just going from memory, and dont have time to read it now, but i am sure it is relevant to your situation (even though he is discussion female genital pain). His main point is that chronic genital pain is just another version of chronic pain. (as always, before assuming a psychological cause, get yourself well checked out medically- which i gather you have, but it still is worth repeating to other readers)

James
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  05:42:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do men find it "humiliating" when they can't get or keep an erection? I mean really, how silly is this pervasive notion? It would appear to me that the more appropriate reaction would be anger or frustration and not humiliation.

“Living up to an image that you have of yourself or that
other people have of you is inauthentic living – another unconscious role the ego plays.” -- Ekhart Tolle
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  07:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

Why do men find it "humiliating" when they can't get or keep an erection? I mean really, how silly is this pervasive notion? It would appear to me that the more appropriate reaction would be anger or frustration and not humiliation.

It's not necessarily silly but perhaps indicative of a sexual shadow self. Fertile ground that could so sweetly yield not only healing but immense pleasure and true self expression.
Go to Top of Page

Whoaday

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  09:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that wasn't exactly helpful Shawn. I'm sorry my particular emotions aren't what you would prefer. I was asking if anyone has gone through this. The fact that I get MOST everything but not the erection pain is what concerns me that something is wrong. I have been to doctors and urologists and nothing.

Whoaday
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  11:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have gone through this, and I know it is uncomfortable.

“Living up to an image that you have of yourself or that
other people have of you is inauthentic living – another unconscious role the ego plays.” -- Ekhart Tolle
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  11:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At this point what Iam doing is understanding that nothing could be causing my pains especially for this long. Blood work and appearance is fine . This isn't the first time my doctor diagnosed me with a psychosymatic illness .

I never believed him before but eventually he was right. You need to find a Tms dr or one who's open to these things.

I was 100 percent Tms confident this morning and the pains subsided. Now it's a little shaky because Iam going through family stuff and the emotions are starting to come through which I feel my mind deems unacceptable.

You had tests and tests maybe go to therapy? I looked up hypchondric stories yesterday and I was amazed how much the mind can accomplish in a matter of minutes . I actually felt better because I believe I have always suffered from this. Look it up
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  12:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian, lest my words get lost, my point is that given all your tests are clear, you are good to go on the psychological front. Shawn and I seem to be the only people here who flag sexual conflict/sexual issues as a prime source of tms. Understandably people are reluctant to discuss such things, and this is not an invitation to, but rather a friendly solicitation to muse on the possibilities. You're a young man and once healed from this, the world rests contentedly in your lap.

Blessings my dear.
Go to Top of Page

Whoaday

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  13:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know the reassurance game is nonsense...and ive dealt with it before but you know how sometimes you just get worried. Like we dont need to right now, but I cant even put a condom on cause its so tight at the base it squeezes it and feels like a bruise is being pushed on ya know? Probably not, cause I'm apparently the only one that has that base pain...its bad though

Whoaday
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  13:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If we could focus on 100 percent relief and keep it consistent it won't be a problem
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  14:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Base of penis pain can be due to an inguinal hernia according to a few papers I read. You may want to check for that.
Go to Top of Page

Whoaday

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  19:45:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YEa I don't have a hernia...nothing medically...just cant be the only one...just seems likes erection pain isnt normally the symptom of prostatitis...its like the tip with hit something and send a nerve pain all the way back to the rectum...and in the middle like inside of my penis its like the ureatra is inflammed so it is painful when squeezed like when getting hard during sex...so I'm at a loss sometmes. Its my most pronounced symptom.

Whoaday
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  20:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa day,

I have the same problem. It's heavily subsided in the last few days because even if something is wrong it wouldn't produce this much pain . If there was heavy inflammation your blood tests would see it.

When I don't have pain I think about where and when I will get it in the region. Once this stops I believe it will be a saving grace.

Our manhood is hit heavily now but we have the power to control it as once that person in you breaks the plastic handcuffs you will understand your power.
Go to Top of Page

Racer

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  08:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoaday,

Have you seen brief relief when the doctor says your reports are normal, and then the pain comes back?

When you are focused on some other activities, do you really notice the pain? Like focusing on the road while driving, without thought or feel of these pains?

If you have experienced similar situation, try reading about how the mind is "conditioned" to feel the pain. There are various posts written by experts like Ace, Dave several times on De-conditioning the mind.

Especially when the test reports are unremarkable, and the doctors says nothing wrong, as Dr. James had mentioned, it can be looked as TMS/psychogenic perspective.

You are not just the one. There are others who deal with the pelvic pain (in different sensitive places in the pelvic region) in this forum, accepting Dr. Sarno's TMS theory and practices the same, with success.

You can look for these topics that may help.

1. Search for topic "Repeating the keys to healing" from Ace1 - Very good one.

2. Search for text as "Pelvic", and look for posts by Dave, Dr. James, Ace1, TTom, SteveO.

3. The 12 point reminders in TTom's post footer.

Edited by - Racer on 06/27/2013 08:25:47
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  09:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Racer,

Thanks for posting that.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  12:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Condolences whoaday. Life is tough enough without pains in the penis leading to sexual dysfunction (using the term very, very loosely in this situation). Understand...of course...that such notions having to do with "manhood" and the like are entirely bogus. I understand the point Shawn's making, but these cultural and social imperatives are so powerful. And the last thing you want to get into is some self-perpetuating cycle.

See if this helps at all, as I'm assuming you're having a hard time embracing that this strange, oddly specific, intense pain can be psychosomatic:

Psychosomatic pain can express itself in almost infinite ways. This was a major stumbling block for me. Back pain, ok. Foot pain, fine. Elbow pain, check. But how about a sore throat? I once had a sore throat for months. I finally decided I must have cancer (longish unimportant story involving a combination of pains and symptoms which in my mind all added up to the big you know what.

So at last I went to the doctor who took one look at my sore, aching throat and pronounced it "pink and healthy." I wasn't even out of her office before the pain was gone. I hadn't even considered the possibility of TMS... and yet there it was. Months of pain and worry gone, just like that.

Given that you've checked out medically and that you have a history of psychosomatic symptoms in the general area, you are as plum has wisely counseled "good to go."

Edited by - art on 06/27/2013 12:11:10
Go to Top of Page

GTfan

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  11:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I had a similar pain to this when I was going through the worst of my groin pain. It was like a sharp, nerve pain in the genital area. Not necessarily with erections, because most of the time sexual activity "distracted" me from the pain.

But regardless, yea it was pretty painful and I even felt the pain up to my lower abdomen. It turned out to be completely TMS, and I haven't felt it since I've started reading Sarno.

You’ll fall down, you stumble, you land square on your face. And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  19:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Message Preview
Interesting. Today I had pains in my manhood, it left and went to my prostate but interestingly enough whenever I have any types of those pains sexual activity makes it go away.

Pains are never the same type either. I have been using aces keys with much moderate CONSISTANT relief. Before I'd get only minutes pain free now Iam getting blocks of hours.
There is something to the keys that I over looked in the beginning. Was not ready to apply them until what was typed has reached me on a deeper level.

quote:
Originally posted by GTfan

I think I had a similar pain to this when I was going through the worst of my groin pain. It was like a sharp, nerve pain in the genital area. Not necessarily with erections, because most of the time sexual activity "distracted" me from the pain.

But regardless, yea it was pretty painful and I even felt the pain up to my lower abdomen. It turned out to be completely TMS, and I haven't felt it since I've started reading Sarno.

You’ll fall down, you stumble, you land square on your face. And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000