TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How to run my brain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  07:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really believe if were to make a life style change we have to acknowledge our reactions and our negative thought patterns.
We then change the negative reactions or stop them through
habit and then all the negative thoughts we hold onto that seem to give us anxiety whether its voices or pictures or feelings.
We can learn to change these submodalities too.
Then this would be a true change. We can still be who we are without all the access baggage we've grown to love and hold to so dear.
If I wanted to change my life and say I move away from my children and wife to the furthest regions of the world.
Id still move away with me and in with me. in other words I cant run from who I've grown to be. I can only learn to change what I've become and live a more peaceful life through awareness of my reactions and my own bad thoughts and habits.
I accept them as they are, my thoughts and day by day through practice and habit I begin to change who I am so I can enjoy the beauty my life has to offer...
now im not going to get upset because I've been thinking wrong for 40 years...
no, im going to be happy that I've finally learned how to run my brain.
if I have bad thoughts and just sit with them, then am I sitting for a change or just going through the feelings of anger or fear
if that's exposure therapy and it leads to new reactions then it has the same effect as if I changed my reactions. its a facing like Claire Weekes teaches. I agree this approach works too, its worked for me. I just find it easier now to catch my reactions with awareness and change them with acceptance for a positive change.

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  15:29:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your words marry so well with the meditations I relax into.
Lovely to see you here again my angel.
Go to Top of Page

gigalos

Netherlands
310 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  17:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric, I love you, want to marry you and want your babies

great stuff again... embrace the TMS as an eye opener in the now and for the future. Learn to stop thinking and acting in ways that feed negative stress and emotions inside yourself. Those keep you from healing.

This afternoon I shortly met my physical therapist and tonight I spent three hours to write him an email about TMS, but what slowly turned out to be an expression of my anger about his treatment and nocebo's. I went through the emotion and when the email was finally finished I lost the need to send it. I feel I will sleep pretty good tonight :)

thanx
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  17:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good job Eric in explaining this so well
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  18:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone mentions being positive etc . Don't things still hurt deep down and isn't that what Sarno mentions?

Subconsciously we are furious? I don't think we can ever truley be this way without bottling up garbage. Isn't that why we get pain? Tms means we are to good at hiding emotions and what makes us indifferent conciously causes us to be furious unconsciously.

If someone were to cut us off on the highway and almost cause an accident you can say " lucky it wasn't me " and keep going but the subconscious says " f you " .

Isn't this a form of repression? We should feel a lot worst and get upset because we almost got into an accident.

It seems like this board has taken a law of attraction standpoint towards things. That's fine as well but is this what Sarno really meant?
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  07:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
icelikeaninja, not really law of attraction so much as a deeper understanding of how the mind-shapes-the-brain-shapes-the-mind. The joys of advancement in neuroscience means there are, now and increasingly, powerful explanations for what Sarno called the black box. He acknowledged, at the time of writing, that it was "difficult to explain at the fundamental level", but recent years are seeing the demystification of what happens between "unconscious emotional states requiring physical symtoms", the "black box", and "hypothalamus activation".

So you see, changes at this forum reflect a greater neurophysiological insight. Sarno didn't just defer to Freud. He thoroughly embraced Candace Pert's work too. If anything we are in the midst of a vindication and essential elaboration of his work. Exciting times my dear.
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  07:40:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by icelikeaninja

Everyone mentions being positive etc . Don't things still hurt deep down and isn't that what Sarno mentions?

Subconsciously we are furious? I don't think we can ever truley be this way without bottling up garbage. Isn't that why we get pain? Tms means we are to good at hiding emotions and what makes us indifferent conciously causes us to be furious unconsciously.

If someone were to cut us off on the highway and almost cause an accident you can say " lucky it wasn't me " and keep going but the subconscious says " f you " .

Isn't this a form of repression? We should feel a lot worst and get upset because we almost got into an accident.

It seems like this board has taken a law of attraction standpoint towards things. That's fine as well but is this what Sarno really meant?

We don't always hold onto bad thoughts as we heal from the negative symptoms of tms icelikaninja. these are the thoughts , even though we do have at times , we learn to have less and less.
our subconscious after being trained to do better through the law of habit isn't always in an uproar ready to rip a head off after you learn to control this part of your life. it does get to feel easier and sound different and all the colors are more beautiful. in other words I could never be perfect in all aspects of life, Jesus did but im not Jesus, so I can train my brain to think better and have better outcomes and that's what I do. now close to a year in my recovery ive trained my mind not to react negative to a car that jumps out in front of me, I just thank god no harm happened and move on with my day. I don't blow stuff out of proportion any longer and I have control over the voice that directs my thoughts. am I always in control, well I might choose to get angry, its a lot different than getting angrey just cause its programmed in my mind and body.
this isn't about just positive thinking by a long shot, its about practice, practice , practice. after you learn the ropes, you learn that you can control the fury in your subconscious. the genius of it, almost to simple, yet lots of work.

Edited by - eric watson on 06/26/2013 07:49:14
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  07:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you eric.
Beautiful response. We learn to consciously change habitual emotional reactions at grass roots. This is neuroplasticity. This is the wonderful flip-side of the mind~brain co-dependency. Yes, it takes devotion and dedication but it is a law of nature.

icelikeaninja, I would also add that mankind's conception of 'the wayward mind' (Guy Claxton), has always evolved and changed.
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  07:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plum

icelikeaninja, not really law of attraction so much as a deeper understanding of how the mind-shapes-the-brain-shapes-the-mind. The joys of advancement in neuroscience means there are, now and increasingly, powerful explanations for what Sarno called the black box. He acknowledged, at the time of writing, that it was "difficult to explain at the fundamental level", but recent years are seeing the demystification of what happens between "unconscious emotional states requiring physical symtoms", the "black box", and "hypothalamus activation".

So you see, changes at this forum reflect a greater neurophysiological insight. Sarno didn't just defer to Freud. He thoroughly embraced Candace Pert's work too. If anything we are in the midst of a vindication and essential elaboration of his work. Exciting times my dear.

plum you have the most beutiful words,
its like weve grown in understanding together
you complete me my sweet, bless you
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  08:08:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric, I cherish you my dear.
When you were gone, a cloud passed over the forum, but now the sun is back and how brightly she shines. Warmest love to you.
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  08:30:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

When you were gone, a cloud passed over the forum, but now the sun is back and how brightly she shines. Warmest love to you.

Thank you plum , your always in my heart. We do make sweet music as
distant clouds become a bright white silk pillow of softness
landing smoothly across our skin , sending a white light of healing through our mind and body,
becoming complete and whole like a gentle ocean breeze.

Edited by - eric watson on 06/26/2013 08:31:01
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  08:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gigalos

Eric, I love you, want to marry you and want your babies

great stuff again... embrace the TMS as an eye opener in the now and for the future. Learn to stop thinking and acting in ways that feed negative stress and emotions inside yourself. Those keep you from healing.

This afternoon I shortly met my physical therapist and tonight I spent three hours to write him an email about TMS, but what slowly turned out to be an expression of my anger about his treatment and nocebo's. I went through the emotion and when the email was finally finished I lost the need to send it. I feel I will sleep pretty good tonight :)

thanx

thank you gigalos, your so powerful in your understanding
I like your style and your action,
you have a powerful voice, keep that power flowing
bless you
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  08:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

Good job Eric in explaining this so well

Thanks Ace1
your the best
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  09:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I see.

Yes , I just know Sarno in this regard. I never took anyone else seriously. I guess it's time to compile a list of reads.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  12:38:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by icelikeaninja

Oh I see.

Yes , I just know Sarno in this regard. I never took anyone else seriously. I guess it's time to compile a list of reads.

Thanks

Only read around the subject if it interests you. If Sarno works for you then rest easy. I'm fascinated by the whole thing so that fuels my desire, plus I am ever deepening my knowledge on how to heal my husband. Warm wishes icy one.
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  12:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eric watson

quote:

Thank you plum , your always in my heart. We do make sweet music as
distant clouds become a bright white silk pillow of softness
landing smoothly across our skin , sending a white light of healing through our mind and body,
becoming complete and whole like a gentle ocean breeze.

You just derailed my mind.
Happy am I.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000