TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The Great Gwozdz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smth416

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  22:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I visited Dr. Paul Gwozdz, who is in New Jersey last week. A few have asked on the board for a good TMS doctor in the New York area. I highly reccommend Dr. Gwozdz to anyone in the Metro area.
Dr. Gwozdz makes the perfect TMS doctor, he didnt go to medical school until his late 30's. He already knew about Dr. Sarno before this and had even been cured of back pain by reading his books. Dr. Gwozdz also has extensive knowledge of the history of mindbody medicine and uses all of this in his practice.
I found him to be a very caring man who sat and listened to my story for an hour and a half. He then examined me and confirmed what I already knew, I had TMS. He was almost like a mind and body doctor. He asked me many questions and took pages of notes. He then gave me a homework assignment which has helped me make a thorough list of all my possible worries that may be causing pain. We then talked about some of the things on this list and I got a very good understanding of how my brain was using them against me.
Dr. Gwozdz takes most insurances and is happy to see you and give you his opinion on whether you have the disorder. I took my MRI report to him and when he offered to make a copy for his records, I told him it was the only copy and to keep it...I won't be needing it and wished I never saw it.
For more serious cases or people that have no insurance he offers Sarno-like seminars for 500 dollars including phone consulations and follow-up visits as needed.
For more info visit GwozdzMD.com for more info and list of accepted insurances. Appointments are same day only. -Al

Tunza

New Zealand
198 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  01:32:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He sounds wonderful.

Now, if I could only get to the U.S.!

Kat (from New Zealand)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: