TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 I slap TMS around like a hockey puck!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

la_kevin

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  04:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was diagnosed with SEVERE chronic pain in 2003 after years of unsuccessful 'treatments' after a 'back'/'soft tissue'/'Periformis'/'disc' injury at work. It progressed into much more.

I was crippled for years. Had every equivalent known to man. Some flare ups couldn't sit for 5 minutes. Spent days straight in bed on drugs and begging for death for months at a time. the pain was all over my body at my worst and I would have equivalents of seizures in my sleep from an extreme anomaly in what I believe was my Autonomic Nervous System.

I taught myself how to Master Chronic Pain/TMS with the help of a therapist trained in it and had revelations about what Chronic Pain(Autonomic Type) really is.

Not one single pain episode for about 4 years now. I either hike, do plyometrics, bootcamp workouts...or ride a mountain bike...daily.

TMS bows to me now..

---------------------------
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"- John Lennon

"TMS is just as afraid of us succeeding, as it is us failing" - Me

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  14:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, why don't you detail some more of your techniques here that you learned from your therapist? It may come across clearer to some than what we who have recovered try to convey. Also tell them how long before you were completely pain free- wasn't it a year?
Go to Top of Page

la_kevin

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  23:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by la_kevin

I was diagnosed with SEVERE chronic pain in 2003 after years of unsuccessful 'treatments' after a 'back'/'soft tissue'/'Periformis'/'disc' injury at work. It progressed into much more.

I was crippled for years. Had every equivalent known to man. Some flare ups couldn't sit for 5 minutes. Spent days straight in bed on drugs and begging for death for months at a time. the pain was all over my body at my worst and I would have equivalents of seizures in my sleep from an extreme anomaly in what I believe was my Autonomic Nervous System.

I taught myself how to Master Chronic Pain/TMS with the help of a therapist trained in it and had revelations about what Chronic Pain(Autonomic Type) really is.

Not one single pain episode for about 4 years now. I either hike, do plyometrics, bootcamp workouts...or ride a mountain bike...daily.

TMS bows to me now..:)

Go to Top of Page

MichaelB

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2013 :  20:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, you are the man. Thanks for your reassuring talk. We need to hear more of this kind of talk. Again THANKS.
Go to Top of Page

Broke Back Guy

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2013 :  13:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, I am where you are now. Would love to know more on how you planned your attack. What a great story.
Go to Top of Page

aconner

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  12:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, please do tell more of your story! Excited to hear more.
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2015 :  08:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by la_kevin

TMS bows to me now..

I had the same... I got cured but now I'm having a relapse.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000