TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Elvis - TMS victim?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

verdammt

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  11:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seriously. Wasn't he hooked on painkillers for back pain? Didn't he suffer from migraines and other TMS-like ailments? Do you think he was he all shook up by TMS?* He was under incredible pressure.

* Yes, I know. It should be "all shaken up." I'm quoting a song.

Wilf

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  17:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just read an article in "Vanity Fair" on JFK. I had always thought that his back was injured in World War II, but the article stated that his back pain started way before the War. In my opinion, JFK had TMS.
Go to Top of Page

Tunza

New Zealand
198 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  01:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could add Michael Jackson to this list.

Oh, and I just saw the movie Meet the Fockers and the character that Robert de Niro plays has it in the form of sciatica when he's trying to repress his rage.

And George from Seinfield (watched old episodes on DVD the other day).

I've really been noticing them lately.

Kat
Go to Top of Page

JoeW

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  17:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also noticed in Meet the Fockers that his mum immediately associated De Niro's back pain with repressed emotions. True, she was being portrayed as a slightly loopy "new age" person, but in the end her approach was shown to win through.

Maybe backpain will go the way of ulcers, as the psychogenic side is more recognised by the mainstream.
Go to Top of Page

verdammt

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  18:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And don't forget Nixon's phlebitis during Watergate!

There was a great episode of Frasier (season 7) called "Back Talk." He "threw out his back" bending over to blow out a candle on his birthday cupcake. It was just his mid-life crisis getting the better of him. He worked it out by talking to his dog, Eddie.
Go to Top of Page

Tunza

New Zealand
198 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  02:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet therapy!

But seriously, I think for some people who find journalling too much like homework telling their dog or cat what's going on in their emotional world could be an alternative....

Kat (my name is just a coincidence by the way).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000