TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Runners / Help !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donnroc

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  18:43:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being a new father,self employeed,and just being on the planet,my TMS has gotten more intense. In addition to the back my neck has started bothering me.

I just started combining my walks with running. It feels great and has has been giving me a good jumpstart in the mornings.

The pain usually gets more intense throughout the day and I usually wake up in pain.

Even though the running doesn't do anything for the physical pain it puts me in a better frame of mind to deal with the issues at hand.

I still have some residual fear of running because some days the pain can be very intense after a run and I feel part of me wanting to lay off for a day or two,but I also I'm starting to get hooked on a daily run. Any encouragement or suggestions would be greastly appreciated.

Thank You all for keeping this forum alive !

verdammt

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  19:13:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Donn: As I just pointed out to GayleG, "Gain of a new family member" ranks #14 on the Holmes-Rahe list of stressful life events (see Mindbody Prescription, pages 26-27).

You're a new father at 51. Of course you're in pain! I started a second family at age 47 so I know what I'm talking about. Stress beyond belief.

I'd start running, too, but I'm afraid I'd just keep going.
Go to Top of Page

Hestia

21 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  20:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been running for about 6 months since curing my big TMS issue which was plantar fasciitis in my feet. I have had several little TMS problems come up since I started running but they have all gone away in a short period of time. And I have let none prevent me from running. I just tell myself that it is TMS and just keep going even through the pain. Usually the pain goes away or at least lessens as I am running. Running is my goal and I refuse to let the little pains stop me from doing it. After not being able to even walk for exercise for a year and a half, it feels great to run. The little TMS gremlin will not stop me now. I am addicted to my runs - I run 5 mornings a week.

Try to run through the fear. It is hard. Keep reminding yourself that it is only TMS. You can do it. Good luck! And congrats on the new baby!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000