TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Interested in hearing about all toe/ feet problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  13:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe, just maybe if enough of you (or any of you can) state very similar problems regarding burning/sensitive toes that can't tolerate even being touched by bedsheets, socks shoes etc. it could make a dent in my brain. I need a moments peace with this thing I will now call TMS-2(as Verdanmt called it!)

Edited by - holly on 03/23/2005 13:04:55

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  10:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've gotten symptoms like that for very short periods of time. They were so short lived and so without a cause, they couldn't have been anything but TMS.

My feet/toes aren't a main place of symptom manifestation for me, but I believe the key point is that TMS is the most logical explanation. TMS can strike in many ways.
Go to Top of Page

Colleen

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  10:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly,

You know that I have had painful, burning feet for 11 months now. Bedsheets, sox and even shoes for that matter!! I fall asleep (when I do sleep) with an ice bag on my feet.
My brain is having a hard time accepting TMS with this.
Colleen
Go to Top of Page

n/a

36 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  11:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have very painful feet all of the time, but not to that severity.
Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  11:29:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had moments when my toes would feel as if they are calcified and very brittle. But then I'd say no way, keep walking, and they'd get better right way.

The only way in which a part of your body could go from feeling as if something is really wrong to feeling perfectly fine a moment later, is if TMS was the cause.
Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  11:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes symptoms that go away and come back is without a doubt TMS. But what if they are ALWAYS there pretty much to the same degree? That can still be TMS right NEED IMPUT!
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  12:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Holly..

You know,you've never really told us when this started.I know this has bothered you for quite a while.

When did it start?

Had you just recovered from another TMS symptom?

What was going on when it began to bother you?

Has it gotten worse from when you first got it(I know you say it's always the same now,but was there an initial gradation,or was it just there all of a sudden)

When I just had this "mystery pain" that turned out to be an abcess,I ended up on a lot of Fibromyalgia pages.I noticed that Fibromyalgia has turned into the "catch-all" bin where they throw every symptom that doesn't have their so-called 'explainable pathology

((((((brought to you by the makers of "Herniated Disc")pat.pending)))))))))))

Back pain,epstein-barr,chronic fatigue,post traumatic stress disorder are all in the great Fibro mystery bin....along with strange symptoms like "broken glass under the skin" and "areas of skin that feel burning,frozen"

It just seems odd.Obviously it serves no purpose other than to annoy you and keep you distracted....you can't be the only person who ever had this.

Maybe your brain chose something weird like that because it knew that you wouldn't take Back/neck/stomach or skin troubles seriously???

Just curious,and hoping you can find some sort of solution.

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

verdammt

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  12:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is stirring up some memories of an earlier TMS attack I had. I don't remember the time or place very well. Probably when I was a student over 20 years ago. I had some kind of abdominal rash and soreness just below the ribcage that the doctor said resembled "shingles." He wasn't too worried. He suggested it may have been caused by sitting hunched over a desk studying for too many hours (I didn't mention the extenuating factors: a newborn at home, no money, mounting debts, etc. hmmmm...)

I remember the term he used: subcutaneous hypersensitivity. It was just medical jargon for "under the skin tenderness." I accepted his explanation and it cleared up within a week. Sometimes just talking to a doctor is all it takes.
Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  19:30:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In response to Baseball65 & Verdammt:
Baseball this started after an bad injury to my middle toe about 2 1/2 yrs. ago while my mother was waiting to die. We decided not to insert a feeding tube after a huge cerebral bleed in her brain that left her paralyzed down the whole left side of her body. It was a hurendous situation to say the least. I wore Dr. Sholes sandles everyday to keep that middle toe open. A few months later my right pinky toe started bothering me in the outer corner (dr. thought it was just the toenail). Then the whole pinky toe thing started,so yes it was gradual (gradually worsened and then just pretty much stayed the same). I thought it was from the rubbing of the sandles at first. Then the pinky toe on the other foot started doing the same thing. Now the left "big" toe is following the exact same path 2 years later. This brings me to ask Verdammt about the corners of his fingertips. Each toe started with the corner and then started spreading. Very similar to say the least except his dissapeared rather quickly and mine is still here! (a long time for such a TMS condition) Understandably, I know that this is all due to the situation with my mother but I can't beat it and the "new" big toe really is quite bothersome and scary that it is spreading. The chances of this just dissapearing one day look grim to me. As soon as I learned to live with the pinky toes it started to attack the big toe.
Verdammt what is fissures in the corners of your fingertips??

Edited by - holly on 03/24/2005 20:19:58
Go to Top of Page

verdammt

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  20:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly: The fissures were just small cracks or splits in the skin, but they really hurt when I pressed on my fingertips or accidentally bumped one against something like a doorknob (and I mean blinding, white-hot, through-the-roof pain). The cracks would often split open and bleed slightly. I had them off and on for at least 15 years, year-round. Sometimes they got infected and required antibiotics. I couldn't touch a guitar or piano, and I had to wrap my fingertips with surgical tape to type at the computer. As many as three fingers were affected at a time. As soon as one healed, a different finger would split open, like clockwork. Vaseline Intensive Care lotion really helped if I applied it about 20 times a day. Unscented and non-greasy. I never suspected TMS, and no doctor ever suggested stress or emotions as a cause. I was so caught up in with my recent finger rash that I didn't even notice the cracks had miraculously vanished. Hardly a single one in over eight months. That's exactly when the eczema started. It's unbelievable.

Come to think of it, maybe my curing the split fingertips with Vaseline is what brought on the eczema...the timing is just right. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Edited by - verdammt on 03/24/2005 20:41:00
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  09:58:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HOLLY!!
I just wanted to move this up the string.Did you read the post by new member Dwinsor ? She has a very similar deal to your foot thing...I just hoped you might read her post.

To Verdammt: I have those fissures too,but I never equated them with TMS....I wear nitrile gloves at work ,and my boss makes fun of me all the time....I paint for a living ,and washing my hands 20 times a day causes them to crack and get infected.Than I have to tape them up.Laquer Thinner will kill the infection(we've learned) but continues the cracking process.

Also,I collect ,restore and condition Baseball gloves.I use all sorts of chemicals to treat the leather..AND I play Guitar,AND I swing a Baseball bat every day of my life...
...subsequently,my hands are one giant calloused fissure.I usually tape up the infected ones if they get bad,but they have never captivated my attention like back pain did(or other conversions)

Right now I checked and I have 6 on my left hand and 4 on my right.

Thank god for Neosporin!!

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

dwinsor52

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  10:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly, I posted for the first time today and, despite my own asking for encouragement about a TMS relapse, can reassure you that the hypersensitivity, burning, etc. in the feet or toes is TMS. When I went to Dr. Sopher this was my major complaint. This totally went away for several years while I was having other equivalents of some sort or another. It is really, really awful but it is definitely TMS.
Debby
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  14:23:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly.

Having to make a decision of that magnitude regarding the fate of a parent is beyond my comprehension.The fact that this is when the toe issue began would only seem to reinforce the likelihood that it is TMS.

I was 5 when my father died,and after psychotherapy became aware of the idea that I KILLED HIM.Reason and logic are out the window in the realm of the unconscious.

Guilt seeks punishment.

You made a decision that all of us hope we never have to make.Your courage to do the right thing is commendable,but I fear that somewhere in the unreasonableness of your unconscious,you have assumed blame,rage,guilt and the Toe distraction is trying to block you from it.

Perhaps it is serendipitous that Dwinsor joined the forum right after you brought up the topic again.....I know how badly this has bothered you,and perhaps now you will have some respite...

You're going to win....I can feel it.

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

Colleen

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  18:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly,

You and I have very similar situations....both loosing our Moms in a terrible way and then both having burning, painful feet. They tell me that mine is a neuropathy. What did you say that your diagnosis was? I was sure for a long time that mine was the result of some nerve being hit or compressed or whatever, following a lengthy and difficult hysterectomy just about 4 months after my Mom passed away from ovarian cancer. Now, I have read the books and I go between this original thought and TMS. I have the same question you have; Why is it always in the same place and the same intensity??
Do you have difficulty walking? If I walk or stand for too long it hurts! I agree with you that shoes, sox and bedsheets all hurt as well !

Colleen
Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  20:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my god baseball65! I just now saw dwinsor52's post and it was music to my eyes! I can't wait to email this person to find out the detials! I never expected to get such a confirmation of TMS!!!

Edited by - holly on 03/25/2005 20:40:04
Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  09:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Debbie, I emailed you but just incase you didn't get it can you PLEASE, PLEASE give me the exact description of what you experienced? Was it also in your toes or your feet only? Did Dr. Sopher see alot of this? Did he come out and blatinitly say "this is no doubt TMS"?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000