TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS Bah Humbug
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phillyjoe

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2012 :  20:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings from a long time reader and but very few post. But, I felt a need to receive some holiday cheer and psychological introspection. I will try and be brief. I have been doing well back wise for about 5 years. Still struggle with anxiety but the two stayed apart.For the anxiety/panic followers you can understand the emotional feelings one feels in the body before the onset of an attack.I have used cognitive behavioral approaches for 30 years with much success. A new development has risen where I feel tension in the back and then causes an anxiety response. This is new. Usually with any usual back stuff I use Sarno and TMS guidelines and have been successful. This is different. Now I have had many life changes this past year, some, good, bad, indifferent. But one thing I have come to realize is I always struggle with allowing myself to "Feel" good, happy, content. Its like I catch myself feeling good about life in general and my brain automatically goes to negative/anxiety mode. Now the past 2 months the anxiety has been starting in my back area and I find myself "checking" by doing small arches and movements just to make sure I'm loose and physical pain free. So, finally my question, is this an old manifestation of TMS or like TMS itself is it moving in a different way. There are times when I truly believe I have both conditions conquered then I get hit with this. Or is that stinking thinking like is said in recovery work. I'll never be cured, but always in recovery. I hope this made some sense. Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight.

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2012 :  06:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phillyjoe

...Now I have had many life changes this past year, some, good, bad, indifferent.

...But one thing I have come to realize is I always struggle with allowing myself to "Feel" good, happy, content. Its like I catch myself feeling good about life in general and my brain automatically goes to negative/anxiety mode.

...Now the past 2 months the anxiety has been starting in my back area and I find myself "checking" by doing small arches and movements just to make sure I'm loose and physical pain free.

...So, finally my question, is this an old manifestation of TMS or like TMS itself is it moving in a different way.

...There are times when I truly believe I have both conditions conquered then I get hit with this. Or is that stinking thinking like is said in recovery work.

...I'll never be cured, but always in recovery.

Anxiety is a TMS symptom equivalent, you can read about it on page 117 of SteveO, under the heading titled: "Anchors Aweigh My Boys, Anchors--Aweigh" .

"Anxiety is an equivalent to pain and pain is an anchor for anxiety."

SteveO has an interesting discussion about when he was near the end of ridding himself of life long pain, how the gremlin tried a last ditch ploy of disorienting him and making him dizzy through the use of the affective TMS equivalent of ANXIETY.

==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:
John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000