TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 X-MAS TMS RERUNS (or "Oldies but Goodies")
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  07:25:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi TMS elves,

I was doing a "search" for a phrase that the TMS board's founder, Austin Gary, used to say that went something like, "Hitting yourself over the head with a hammer forty times is NOT TMS!". I came across this ancient post that gives some insight into the boards history:

===============================================================

"austingary

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 : 14:51:50

"One other thing. This board is Dave's baby now; you would have to ask him what he thinks it is and where he thinks it is going. But when it was my board, I never, ever thought of it as being a "support" group where people get together to trade positive affirmations. It was always a place for discussion and, yes, argument on topics related to TMS. That also involved people helping people, which was good, but that was not all the board was about.

We have had chiropractors, medical doctors and other medical and quasi-medical practitioners post here, people who were 100% opposed to everything Dr. Sarno stands for. They were not thrown off the board because they were not "positive" enough or didn't believe correctly enough; they were answered, questioned, contradicted -- which they were not used to, and they went away.

I fear for this country, one reason being that the schools no longer teach anyone how to think; they are only interested in teaching them what to think, i.e., political progaganda. In fact, any student who knows how to think and practices it -- meaning putting ideas, logically, to the test -- does not usually get along very well with the teachers and administrators.

Some of the people who post here are prime examples of those who simply have no clue about or any interest in thinking rationally. They are quite happy to simply choose what to believe and then never take in anything that doesn't support those beliefs.

This is a formula for totalitarianism. Let the sheep now all go, "Baaaaaaaaaa"!"

================================================================

Bugbear

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  09:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page