TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Shingles shot or not?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  11:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a recent visit to my Md. he suggested I get a shingles shot. I am always cautious about taking something advertised on tv and am wondering if this is just another way for the drug companies to make some $$$$$.?
Marsha

Sam908

70 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  16:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone who has had chicken pox is susceptible to getting shingles later in life. As one who has had three shingles outbreaks, I opted out for the shots. While I acknowledge that the outbreaks are triggered by TMS, I would hope that, by getting the shots, my TMS would outpicture somewhere else in the body. Shingles is so painful and so devastating, that I'd rather deal with back pain or frequent urination instead.
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  21:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its the fear that feeds the pain or eqiulavent....

Edited by - eric watson on 10/29/2012 21:10:31
Go to Top of Page

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  12:39:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no man made garbage going into this bloodstream, its all nonsense, remember the the swine flu scare? media hoax-its a joke...if your doctor suggested it he probably gets a kickback somewhere, just like the gardasil vaccine....now its approved for boys....gimme a break!

Edited by - jaya on 11/02/2012 12:41:56
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  18:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I found a previous post about shingles. I had chicken pox when I was a child, so have been wondering whether or not to have the shot.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5467&SearchTerms=shingles

From this thread I believe it is a virius, like a cold. Does TMS really play a part with this via the immune system? People who are stressed and run down seem to be more susceptible. Shingles is supposed to be nasty with perhaps after issues of “Postherpetic Neuralgia” (chronic pain after shingles).

Can’t believe Drs. make much money, perhaps drug companies do. Sam908’s post is pretty compelling, but it’s a judgment call similar to a flu shot.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 15
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted later.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000