TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Agonizing pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Racer

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  09:58:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

Try getting more exercise like swimming until you are so physically tired you sleep naturally. Swimming does it best for me because it makes my eyes want to close because of the irritation from the water.

Thank you TT. That's a good suggestion. I will give a try to make myself tired with swimming, and sleep. I run a lot in the past, 6-8 miles a day. I'm yet to resume my running.

As my exercises are minimal these days, I'm on a diet, and still maintaining a very good physique.

Even if I sleep naturally, I'm worried about the night mares.. Geez.. they are really terrible and rude... a sudden wakeup will cause severe headache.. I get these bad dreams very often.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  11:41:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Racer,

I agree with TT about the exercise helping you sleep. I swim twice a week at our local club, and what really tires me out is doing the full 72 laps, about a mile. If you have a pool locally that is great.

More recently I have got a trainer to help with working out with weights, as our gym has excellent equipment and machines. My trainer has shown me a complete routine of exercises that I can do at home. So I have bought a used set of dumbbells and go through about 10 exercises every day. I’ve even done this exercise routine in the middle of the night, if I wake up and become restless there is nothing worse than just lying there, sometimes in anxiety.

My sleep trick doesn’t always work, so then I have to break up the “conversation” in my head. I have to change my body “mode”. This is when I go down stairs, lift some weights and get the blood pumping. I often reward this effort with milk and cookies or raisin bran.

Getting to sleep trick:
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7788
Read TT thread and his comments about the unimportance of sleep.

I think our nightmares are just thoughts, a form of distraction-TMS in fact. When you have these bad dreams perhaps try getting up and breaking that nightmare cycle with exercise activity, don’t go back to sleep without doing something. I used to do yoga, often several times a night, now I lift a few weights and do pushups etc.

Both these types of deep relaxed breathing might help with your headaches. For me this is always a good time to review what is really bothering me psychologically, I try to be honest with myself. Your lack of sleep might be causing you to be bad tempered with other people.

Racer, I do not know what to say about the valium, I would try replacing this with the above. How do you know the valium isn’t a placebo? I have reviewed my use of Tylenol PM this year. It does help sometimes, and I feel great the next day, but it is a chemical and somewhat invasive, so I limit its use.

You are doing well, good luck

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 15
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted later.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

Edited by - andy64tms on 11/11/2012 11:51:05
Go to Top of Page

Racer

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  09:23:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andy,

quote:

Racer, I do not know what to say about the valium, I would try replacing this with the above. How do you know the valium isn’t a placebo?

Yes, I'm completely aware about it. I will give a try reducing it, make myself tired with swimming suggested by you and TT. Planning to start sometime over next weekend.

I'm absolutely pain free in the pelvis. My "core" pain the groin and behind the scrotum is almost missing these days. I feel it all came to my head. I could visualize a bad choreography and orchestration going on in my head, which is not doing anything good to me.

There was a social withdrawal due to the chronic pain all these days. I lost a good network of my friends due to this. My life revolves around work and home (and hospital visits which I stopped now). Kind of lethargic, I need to come out of this challenge. I'm planning to go for a Violin or Flute class. I need some change, definitely.

Edited by - Racer on 11/12/2012 09:26:43
Go to Top of Page

gailnyc

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  19:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Racer, have you been able to get off the Valium? I recently got myself off taking a quarter pill of Ativan to help me sleep, and I did it by using Andrew Weil's breathing exercises. I do about 8-10 minutes of deep breathing/following your breath exercises, and it relaxes me and lets me sleep without any other aid.

Hope you are well.

Gail
Go to Top of Page

kennedyronna

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2013 :  07:41:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balto

I did have constant back pain for years. I did have constant anxiety for years, I did have constant knee pain for years. Yes, symptoms can stay in one place for years or move around. Nothing is predictable with tsm/anxiety symptoms.

you are very lucky you doctors didn't see anything abnormal, now all you have to do is not fearing your symptoms, believe in your doctors, live your life as if nothing is wrong with your body, destress your life... eventually your testicles will be normal again.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.

Such types of pain on the knees actually occurs whenever we do some sort of jumping. Usually occurs in athletes who are involved in jumping sports such as basketball, running and all.It can be cured when it is at its early stages by using the R.I.C.E methods i.e est,Ice,Compression,Elevation. I have read a good book on it.
If you wish to know more visit http://www.amazon.com/Beating-Patellar-Tendonitis-Treatment-Pain-free/dp/1491049731

Edited by - kennedyronna on 09/21/2013 07:42:49
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000