TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Changing symptoms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cnotes11

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  04:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like mchan's post below I am wondering how many people have experienced dramatic changes or shifts in their symptoms?

Specifically I am wanting to know If anyone has gone from having chronic pain in different parts of their body to stomach problems -- ie nausea, no appetite, difficulty digesting, etc.

My problems seem to have shifted from the latter to constantly feeling sick to my stomach. Physical pain partially substituted for the inability to eat normally. I know there are many "medical" reasons why one might experience these type of symptoms but knowing what I know and given my history I am reticent to go to a doctor.

If anyone else has gone through something similar and have any thoughts for me I appreciate it.

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  17:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have read many of your post cnotes11 and think you already have the solution-you just want to know for sure-i posted in another post of yours already that tms can have many different equivalents such as ibs -etc....there are a lot of veterans from the forum that have been doun the rd of having there pain jump -or turn to anther symptom-as to your specific symptom i would say being checked by a md would be first plan of attack -if all is well there then persue the steps that you have already learned to rid your back pain and do the same for the sick feeling in your stomach-see it works for back pain the same as it would work for any other equivalent-hope this helps -god bless

Edited by - eric watson on 10/06/2012 17:36:49
Go to Top of Page

MichaelB

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  20:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Cnotes,
Where my TMS started was with stomach problems. First I had dry heaves then actually throwing up and then on to other things. It's very frustrating! The newest for me is hot flashes. And I am not a female going thru menopause. Now I have a hint of probably what they go thru. TMS is almost funny but not often.
Go to Top of Page

bryan3000

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  01:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This morning I woke up with trouble breathing. That gave way around midday to frustration for no apparent reason, then fatigue. I rested and felt okay... then a brutal headache that's going on 7 hours now... with some random stomach cramps to boot.

Just another day at the office.

Of course anxiety can switch symptoms. I can literary get 20-30 different fairly severe symptoms in a week. Maybe more.
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  04:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Left lower back to right lower back to left neck/shoulder, stomach problem & now right neck/shoulder. Oh & from time to time left knee as well.

Although Sarno mentions pain shifting in HBP, he says it happens occasionally.

From what I have read on this forum it seems that its more than just occasional.

Mala

Honestly, I sometimes really get fed up with my subconscious. It's like it's got a mind of its own.

Alexei Sayle

Edited by - mala on 10/07/2012 05:10:17
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  16:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi cnotes11,

Good to see you back.

No. My pain in the neck remains in the same place as it has been for the last 12 years, It’s as stubborn as I am. It’s rather boring, I wish it would move I’d enjoy the drama. I seem to be different from others.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 15
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted later.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

cnotes11

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  06:57:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@eric unsure how you got from my posts that I'd found any solutions. I can tell you alot of what I wrote came from a combination of desperation and frustration. Might be worth a trip to the MD, I just have developed a pretty negative feeling toward doctors. Maybe misplaced blame but there nonetheless.

@Andy Cant say its good to be back. My wish for everyone here is that they do not need a place like this to turn to. Hope you are doing well though.

@bryan I am truly sorry -- I havent had that many different symptoms but I know how you feel.

I don't really know what the TMS school of thought says about stomach problems other than something along the lines of...created psychologically and having no "real" basis. I've kind of veered away from thinking about things in a TMS way and am admittedly rusty. If anyone can bring some clarity to the issue or has any specific thoughts that would be helpful I'd appreciate it.

Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  08:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bryan, I would really like to to give a shot on how I listed you should treat TMS listed in my other post. I have to stress that the most important part of my recovery were the affirmations. Start them now, like I have recommended and give them the time they need. Lets think about it, you have been at this for a while and it just seems that symptoms keep taking the others place. I am sure if you follow what I have outlined that you will get better slowly
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  08:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

I am sure if you follow what I have outlined that you will get better slowly

Give it a try Bryan. It worked for me and I have seen it worked for many others. I really think it is all about belief. If you believe you are well then you will be well, and what Ace1 taught is what will help you achieve that belief.

Long ago I thought I saw a post from Bryan about using affirmation and positive thoughts to deal with tms/anxiety. Have you tried any of it Bryan? (I think SteveO replied that he didn't think affirmation would help much. Not sure if he still thought that way)

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  12:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Colin,

Good to see you back for ‘your sake’ as well. You left the forum under frustrating circumstances around April. One lengthy thread where you posted “Length of TMS in one’s Life”, was frustrating for me as well, as the explanations were very strange to me at the time. I thank Dave again for elaborating his message. I really wanted to know what he meant and sent him a pesky email.

When I post I don’t always get a satisfactory answer or comments, but the TMS wisdom is here, just read some old threads. It’s a good place for me to be. I am 65 years of age, and have 10-15 years of happiness to look forward to. And you have? Well a lot longer.

I’m doing much better, after 4 months of windsurfing this summer and many hours of TMS reading I’m back here for, as long as it takes.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

cnotes11

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  05:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy,

Any in particular you'd recommend? Wading through old threads sounds a bit daunting to be honest. Glad I wasn't the only one feeling like something was missing with that other thread. The people who wrote supportive/positive messages, or simply didn't know how to help... I would never take issue with it -- I just got frustrated with so much written and so little tangible advice..which becomes extra trying when its presented in a "its simple just do this" style. That thread created more cognitive dissonance than anything else.

I'm glad that this is a good place for you, for me I find the less time I spend thinking about my health problems the better. I've gotten a couple good ideas and insights from here which is why I'm still here, however, alot of it seems to turn into ruminating or over analysis or talking in for the sake of talking. I guess it just works better for me on a very occasional basis.

Take care,
Colin

Go to Top of Page

catmac

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  13:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specifically I am wanting to know If anyone has gone from having chronic pain in different parts of their body to stomach problems -- ie nausea, no appetite, difficulty digesting, etc.

Hi CNotes

Yes I had all of the above as symptoms,so much so that I ended up having an endoscopy and colonoscopy which all came back normal!! I didnt know about TMS at the time and was convinced I was dying, I wish I had discovered Dr Sarno and Steve O before I put myself through that, lol .

My advice is not to panic. Get some basic tests done ie blood/stool samples and see the result. If all ok, relax and put it down to TMS. If you look at a previous post which listed peoples symptoms, I am sure you will also see more people who have suffered from the same symptoms as yourself which should give you some reassurance.

I suppose we shouldnt be surprised when the nervous system controls respiratory, circulatory, digestive, uro genital, glands and hormones. Steve O has a good section in his book which talks about how our nervous system works.

I hope this helps and remember these symptoms will pass eventually

Take care
Cat
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  13:58:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Colin,

Unlike you I have all the time in the world to read posts, since I retired last year. For instance I have just read all of your posts. I have also developed some rules that suit me, an example is I avoid female and chronic stomach issues. I have waded through threads many times. Other times I have used “search”.

I recommend the success stories. The search pattern was SEARCH / SUCCESS STORIES / BACK. This is a great tool and I read in short time issues relating directly to my back. I also reread my own Success2000 story there. Like myself you have back issues, so I recommend you read about my success with my back.

If you stay with the forum you will develop a “favorite poster” list. You probably have one of these already, but write it out, it helps. Please don’t be put off by all the chit chat, many people with TMS are lonely and use it like Facebook.

I appreciate your @XXX replies to people who answer you. It shows courtesy and personal thanks.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

Edited by - andy64tms on 10/17/2012 23:28:46
Go to Top of Page

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2012 :  16:03:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im currently dealing with neck pain,massive folliculitis on my back,seeing flashing lights and floaters,my symptoms shift daily, from one end to the other,they repeat about every 3 Weeks...it really sux
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000