TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Diane Noyes-Cole in Memory of the Labyrinth of TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  08:09:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This Saturday I interrupted my usual pattern of hitting as many tennis balls as I can, in the hope of getting better. I traveled a good number of miles from my home sphere to attend the memorial service of a dear friend I used to play tennis with many years ago. She was a golden lady and my time with her was way too short. It was a beautiful experience on a beautiful autumn afternoon.

Before the service I walked the rustic garden of the church. Within the cooling shadows created by a circle of majestic symmetrical redwood trees, was a hand laid labyrinth in the soil made of loose stones. There was a sign explaining the purpose and history of labyrinths. The second paragraph on the sign reminded me of the nature of the TMS journey.

I hope I get to play tennis with Diane again, barefoot on grass courts on a hill overlooking a small town in the West, near a river, with horses grazing nearby, train whistles blowing along a trail made by wagons moving to the sea.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Welcome to the Labyrinth at Trinity Episcopal Church

The pattern you will walk, set in an outdoor redwood grove, is a replica of the 13th century design found on the floor of the Chapter House in the Cathedral of Bayeux, France. These sacred patterns have also been found in other cultures and religious traditions throughout history, and for centuries Christians, unable to travel to Jerusalem, have walked their own local labyrinths as symbolic pilgrimages to the Holy City. A labyrinth is a universal symbol of the pilgrim journey to the center of our being; it has no tricks or dead ends like a maze. One does not get lost- rather, this quiet walk leads inward.

By walking this labyrinth we are discovering long-forgotten mystical traditions which acknowledge our joys and sorrows and may lead us into transforming experiences. Before entering the labyrinth, you may like to know that there are three stages to the walk. The first is the way in, where you shed distractions while clearing and quieting the mind; the second is when you enter the center of the labyrinth, a place of reflection on your true self - spend a moment or more. On leaving you enter the third stage, moving outward, by returning on the same path. This is a time for renewing your unity with the healing forces of God and the Divine Creation.

(You may "pass" people or let others step around you. The path is two way; those going in will meet those coming out.)"

Edited by - tennis tom on 10/06/2012 06:32:40

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  10:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is awesome tennis tom-im saving this-filled with thoughts to heal-in what ever state were in-its got the whole process-the journey.....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000