TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 One year anniversary!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gibbon

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  06:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

One year pain free thanks to Sarno.

Check out the TMS website: www.rsi-backpain.co.uk

Gibbon

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  06:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW my story:

http://www.rsi-backpain.co.uk/page2.html

Go to Top of Page

Gibbon

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  05:14:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

1 1/2 years

Go to Top of Page

lindaleyner

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  07:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
100% pain free? while working at the computer like any other person ("healty" ones)?
Go to Top of Page

Gibbon

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  07:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lindaleyner

100% pain free? while working at the computer like any other person ("healty" ones)?

Yeah like a "healthy" person

I don't think i'd ever say 100% - even though i can spend hours at the computer with no pain/problems. Why not 100%? Well, because TMS is still there - if i start thinking about RSI then hey, there are the pins and needles again! It just goes to show how engrained TMS is in my psyche. But yes, pain free and able to do everything that i had stopped doing as my symptoms got progressively worse.

Living a pain free "healthy" life and living with TMS are not mutually exclusive......

Go to Top of Page

lindaleyner

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  10:03:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah...that's still wonderful!
But when you are in the circle - you wish you could do a "forget-all-spell" so that everything is fine. Like it was when I knew nothing of TMS and arthritis and...
Go to Top of Page

Gibbon

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  06:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lindaleyner

Yeah...that's still wonderful!
But when you are in the circle - you wish you could do a "forget-all-spell" so that everything is fine. Like it was when I knew nothing of TMS and arthritis and...

Hiya

my 2 cents on this: it's the natural response - but it's not a positive response. I used to spend every day thinking "I wish i wasn't ill...." - indeed i'd often say it to myself whilst in the car coming back from work etc. But it's negative for 2 reasons, firstly because I think it's really important to stop resenting things that happen - putting TMS to one side for a minute - bad things will happen to everyone. We will all get ill, we will all die. It's the basis of buddhist teachings, and acceptance/acknowledgement of pain and suffering allows us to make the most of our lives without the self-induced pain of resentment. Secondly and back to TMS - change this negative mantra "I wish I could be better..." to a positive "I will be free from this pain..." And then take positive steps towards meeting this mantra. This allows you to take control of your own situation rather than being a passive (and resentful) recipient....

I can't remember your case history lindaleyner - but you mention arthritis - what have the doctors said about this? This could be medical or TMS depending on the symptoms. Even if it was medical, studies have shown that patients can significantly reduce their pain using TMS techniques. If this is the case, you could have a outlook which acknowledges the positives in your life, and looks to pro actively reduce any arthritis pain through Sarno's methods....

hope this helps....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000