TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Making Assumptions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  08:02:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think making assumptions about people, life and different situations helped me repress some of my anger. I got to thinking yesterday, and I recall at times I kept things in because I would say things to myself like, well they won't understand, they don't care, it wouldn't do any good anyway, or they might think I'm weak or crazy. So I ended up not saying anything, and kept the emotion to myself. But now I have realized it's ok to be honest with ourselves and everyone else. For the most part people are more understanding than we think they are. I just wanted to share this, because if anyone else was like me, than they made a lot of aaumptions on how they thought people would respond and just ended keeping things to their self.

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  08:29:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the more you let out= the better you feel. Now I pretty much say how I feel about everything. My teenage nephew who I thought loved his aunt Holly lashed out at me out of nowhere at a dinner table in a restaurant on Christmas Eve. I was complaining that there was no heat in the bathroom as my poor little 7 year old sat in there on the toilet seat freezeing her little but off. He started going off on me like crazy how he was never going to go to a restaurant with me again and la la la.......! I was really taken back. This is a kid who I always talked about 70's classic rock with and stuff like that. Well instead of keeping my mouth shut. I told him how hurt I was how he spoke to me etc.. and gave him cold vibes the rest of the evening. Oh he knew I was hurt and pissed! At the end of the night he came to say goodby and give me a hug. I let it go because I didn't want to hold a grudge forever with this but he new and I don't think he will be lashing out to me in the near future again ( at least until he forgets)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000