TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 My final Battle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bobbypols

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  21:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, its been since November since i started the mental battle on pain. Goodnews is that, I am more positive now, and the knee pain that has bothered me for quite some time seems to be gone. Back pain really hasnt bother me either which is good.

However, there is one more demon to slay, that has seem to intensify and has always been there...glute medius/side hip stiffness. Has anyone had this? It is located on the outside of your butt, slightly posterior to hip sockets (the right one is most severe). Basically, if im sitting and do a leg extension while pointing my toes to my body, i feel horrific pain in my side glute region at the end of the the movement, which feels like it then sends pain up to my lower back.

If anyone has seen the Sarno video - where he shows the three regions of pain, it is pretty much the lowest one (a bit more lateral though).

Has anyone had this type of pain or am I alone on this?

Here is a picture of the general area http://hpbimg.toensbergmassageklinikk.com/Glut_Med.jpg

PRCalDude

49 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  22:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like your piriformis.
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  10:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great to hear your progress, Bobby.

Don't worry too much about the specifics.

quote:
...am I alone on this?

No, we're all supporting you!

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

SRW

2 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  17:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are not alone in this... I have it as well. The right side and sometimes the left. It prevents me from being able to sleep often because of pressure on it when I lay in bed and I can ony lay on my sides. Sometimes it will send ache down the outside of my leg like racing stripes on athletic pants. I also have issue with the quadratus lumborum on the right and psoas muscle....and tight hamstrings. And the glute. max. as it curves beneath the iliac crest. There are times when the gluteal musles feel swollen and that area you mention... when I touch it with any pressure the muscle feels like a water balloon with the water moving to the other end of the muscle. So no, you are not alone in this. I also have trigger points in this area and when I have tried to work them they flare ten times worse.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000