TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Hi and TMS Wiki
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  10:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hillary, thanks for the feedback. I will definitely work on those things. You've probably noticed the post I made about questions to ask. Based on your feedback and other threads that I've read here, I will prioritize the project. By the way, would you be willing to help with the formatting when I start receiving the survey responses back? Would anyone else like to offer to help? Pd245, perhaps? I'd be more than happy to help with any technical challenges.

In the coming weeks, I will also attempt to contact Dr. Sarno to get an updated list of physicians. (If anyone else would be willing to contact Dr. Sarno to get the updated list of doctors, that help would also be gratefully appreciated.)

By the way, I love that my last two posts here have been in response to other people's posts, not vice versa. A big thanks to TPunk, Pandemonium, and HillaryN for adding profiles on the TMS Wiki and starting to edit pages. Anyone else who wants to join in is encouraged to do the same!

One person asked me if the wiki is ready to be edited. The answer is, yes! Every page is wide open. We can probably learn a lot from Wikipedia regarding how to run a wiki. Their advice is to be bold in editing articles. Don't worry, it is impossible for you to damage anything, because an administrator (like me or like you if you would like) can always undo your changes.

Forest
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  06:04:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Forest,

I've emailed Dr Sarno to ask for a list.

Hilary N

P.S. I love the fact that one doesn't have to trawl through a load of terms and conditions to join the wiki. It really is easy! Bravo, I'm all in favour of simplicity!

Edited by - HilaryN on 01/11/2009 06:19:05
Go to Top of Page

hambone

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  07:42:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WIKI is a great idea. It took me 25 years to find an intensive short term dynamic psychotherapist near my home. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Sarno is little help outside NYC. A TMS WIKI could be a way for doctors and therapists who don't know squat about TMS to get up to speed without reading a book.

I'd like to see a topic: Getting Unstuck- What to do when progress on TMS stalls. You're reading Sarno books daily, journaling, thinking emotional thoughts, affirming "my leg is perfectly healthy", talking to your subconcious, etc and it's not working. What to try next. Tips from forum members could be golden on this subject.

I'd like to see a topic: Can I really ignore crippling pain just by telling myself the pain is benign even though the pain brings me to my knees? How to break the obsession with pain. How to break conditioning that certain activities will hurt?

STEVEN T HAMBLIN
Go to Top of Page

campbell28

80 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  10:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi forest, sorry, having said i'd like to contribute i've been incredibly busy at work and not had time to look at any of this! also impressed you've got everything up and going so quickly. - it looks good. when i said ' contribute' i was thinking of putting up my story etc though, really sorry but i don't think i will get time to do much else - have not been doing this job long and its my main priority at the moment. good luck with the project though and will do what i can to help.

Go to Top of Page

winnieboo

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  15:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Wiki is an excellent idea! I followed your links and joined with a new screen name, hopefulheart. The site looks amazing. Will look forward to reading and perhaps contributing from time to time. Thank you!

Edited by - winnieboo on 01/11/2009 15:40:28
Go to Top of Page

Pd245

58 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  20:38:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by forestfortrees

Based on your feedback and other threads that I've read here, I will prioritize the project. By the way, would you be willing to help with the formatting when I start receiving the survey responses back? Would anyone else like to offer to help? Pd245, perhaps? I'd be more than happy to help with any technical challenges.

Forest,
I just took a look at the wiki and it looks really great. This is exactly the kind of project I love to do. My TMS manifests itself in pain and spasms when I use the computer, so my husband types all my messages and helps me get on the Internet. So, I can't contribute right now, but hopefully I'll start getting better this year and can contribute in some way. Meanwhile, what you're doing is really great and I can't wait to see the wiki grow.
Go to Top of Page

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  15:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Pd245, I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties using the computer. I've definitely had my share of those as well. My TMS has come a long way, but I still have symptoms when I use the computer (upper back gets tight and painful; right knee hurts if I sit a certain way, and my left pinky gets numb and tingly). I wish you the best of luck in getting better, and will love having your input whenever you are ready.

Overall, the wiki is growing by leaps and bounds recently. We currently have 10 members, including several from here who are particularly active: pandemonium, TPunk, and especially HillaryN. According to Google Analytics, we've had 73 unique visitors and over 2000 page views even though the wiki is only 8 days old. We've also added a FAQ section, to which Hambone's two questions were added. A big "thank you!" to all of the people who have helped out or offered to help out!

Wetpaint (the site that hosts our wiki) is like most free wiki sites in that it puts up ads on the wikis it hosts so that it can pay its own costs. To get rid of the ads, you have to pay Wetpaint a monthly hosting fee. I’m not making a cent on this (I hope that this was clear to people reading this thread), but because I believe in this project, I’ve started paying the hosting fee. One advantage of doing this is that the entire forum community will now be in compliance with this forum’s "no linking to ad supported sites" policy when we include links to the wiki. (I had been unknowingly violating this policy before.) A second advantage is that we can now all enjoy the site ad free!

ForestForTrees
http://tmswiki.org
(Dave, if you have any objections to us linking now, please let me know and I'll stop)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000