TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Another mini-success
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  15:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last week I stumbled and fell as I was running up some stairs. My foot was in excruciating pain. I was on my way to a job interview and a vision flashed into my mind of me limping in to the interview in pain, or of having to cancel it.

Then I thought to myself, “This is a perfect excuse for TMS to appear, when in actual fact there is no reason for my foot to be in pain (or even for me to have stumbled) – I didn't twist it or anything.”... mixed with thoughts of “Waagh, I'm in such pain!”... followed by “I'm NOT going to let TMS get in here! I'm not going to allow this pain!”

I got up and limped in pain for a few steps, but made myself slowly put weight on the foot as I walked. After about a dozen steps the pain started to diminish, and slowly went away until it was hardly noticeable.

I went to the interview, then afterwards walked a couple of miles to Oxford Street to go shopping (I like to walk as I need the exercise) and walked along there in and out of shops for about an hour.

My foot was fine.

I went home and sat in front of the computer for a couple of hours. After a while I started to notice the pain again and it slowly got worse until it was unbearable. I kept telling it I knew it was TMS and to go away, but to no avail. (I also thumped the bed to try and get rid of some anger and tried exploring what was going on emotionally.)

In the end the pain level was so high I had to take a couple of aspirin. After about an hour the aspirin took effect and the pain went back down again.

I was slightly worried it would come back again in the night when the aspirin wore off, but kept telling myself I wouldn't allow it to. It didn't. The next day the pain was still minimal and by the following day it was back to normal. Success!

Hilary N

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  05:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great "mini-success" story Hilary.

Thanks for sharing it.

Best,
Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000