TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dr Sopher 's web site Letters and case reports
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2004 :  03:33:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I was browsing for more tms information I came across Dr. Sopher's home page and this section on tms information. If you scroll down the page you can read letters from patients as well as some case studies. For people with any doubt or those like me who need to read some tms success stories from time to time to keep going , this is great.

http://www.tms-mindbodymedicine.com/tmsinfo.htm

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala

Edited by - mala on 11/16/2004 03:35:18

Michele

249 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  07:50:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Sopher's book is very good, very easy to read. I have also spoken with him on the phone, and he was very reassuring about what I've been doing in my recovery.
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  18:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I emailed Dr. Sopher 3 days ago and asked if he could help me. I suggested that I could pay him for his consultations in advance and maybe then phone him from Hong Kong to discuss my problem. This way I could do long distance consultations. I wasn't expecting such a quick reply but this morning when I checked my messages, there was an email from him asking me to send him more details about my back.

I am so grateful to him. I know he is a very busy man so I appreciate what he is doing. I read his book 'To be or not to be pain free' and liked his humorous style of writing and sympathetic tone. Earlier on I had ordered Scheceter's CD & Tape and didn't feel as comfortable listening to or watching him.

Anyway, I am so pleased and thought I'd let you all know.

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala

Edited by - mala on 11/19/2004 18:26:48
Go to Top of Page

Toronto

25 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  19:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else read Dr. Sopher's book "To Be or Not to Be... Pain-Free: The Mindbody Syndrome"?
Would you recomend it?

Have anyone read "Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain: A Nine-Step Recovery Plan" from Fred Amir?
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  04:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toronto,

Both books are good. Sopher's is very easy reading and covers much much more than just back pain. In fact you can download his book which is what I did.

Amir's is very good too. As the title indicates, he has a recovery plan for you to follow which is a very good thing because many people may read Sarno and Sopher and say 'Well that's all very good but how do I go about it now ' and that's where Amir's book is useful.

Sopher and Sarno are both doctors so what they say carries a lot of weight. They set the premise that pain is caused by tms, repressed emotions etc etc. Amir's is good coz his description of his own recovery gives us a step by step account of how he got rid of the pain himself.

Have you got the MindBody Prescription Video coz that's my favourite.
It's like attending one of Sarno's lectures.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala
Go to Top of Page

Toronto

25 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  09:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mala for your quick reply.

I haven't got the videos yet, hardly wait to get them!!
Are they the steps explained what to do in them or it is more about what is TMS and peoples experiences?

Which book would you recommend over the other: "To be or Not.." or Fred Amir's? I don't want get swamped with all this at once as it creates the pressure on me to read them all at once which causes the TMS :).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000