TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Ropes Course this week?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greenelvis

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  17:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All! I have several people telling me not to do a high ropes course in CO that I have the opportunity to do at the end of this week. The course ends with a free fall, bunge jump, and I've been told that can be too jaring on my back.

Needless to say, I really want to do this. My question is, has anyone pushed through the pain of physical exercion like this b4.

What do you all think (yes I know your not doctors) and I'm thankful your not! But, my thought on this is maybe it is an opportunity to prove to my mind that I'm moving forward in life, and not letting fear control me any longer.

However, I have weakness in my foot, and basically no reflex in my ankle right now. And, suprise surpise I have increased pain since returning back to work, and am still figting the tooth pain.

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  00:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Years ago when my back pain was at it's most accute, I did a three day Yoga back-bending work-shop. I told myself this would either make me or break me. I did all three days with flying colors performing every imaginalble Yoga back-bend. Since then I've never had any doubts about my back being strong.

Greenelvis, if you want to do it, just do it!
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  09:09:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Read Fred Amir's "Recovery From Back Pain" if you want to read about a graphic description of how one TMS patient "pushed through the pain" and defeated it.

Happy jumping!

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000